Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a friend's house looking for motorcycles on Craigslist, and saw an ad for a blue 2007 Ninja 250 with ~300 miles and he wanted to sell it for $2500!!

So i told myself to call the guy when I got home. Well fast forward about an hour later, I get home and jump on craigslist and the ad is gone :(

deal of the century and I blew it. This is the second time, actually with the first one being Ting's bike. :)

·
Banned
880 Posts
dude ive blown plenty o deals that were way better than the bike i eventually bought, you just cant think about them. i enjoy the bike i have now and one day ill sell it and be more ready for the better deal and bike. theres always a good deal out there at some point or another.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
thats a good deal, but the going price for one of those is about 2k with 2k miles.... theres not much difference in a bike with 2k miles and 200 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Vicken: I totally know how you feel. About a month ago I missed out on an '03 Z1000 with less than 12k on the clock going for $3k! Needless to say, I was really p!ssed...then I got screwed by a dealership listing a fake ad for an '05 Z1000 with less than 5k on the clock going for $6.5k. But now I have an '07 Z1000 and I couldn't be happier.

Listen to Captain Calyx...some people get those great deals and the rest of us blow it--but there's always another great deal that will come up...

Speaking of which, have you seen the ad for that '07 650R in red that some guy in the SGV has been listing for the past two-or-three months in our local CL? 416 miles on it and all he wants is someone to take over payments...the balance is like $4,905 right now! He said that the payments are about $150 a month. Now that's a deal! Are you determined to get 250 or are you open to the idea of a 650R? IMHO $4.9k for an '07 650R is a way better deal than $2.5k for an '07 250.

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
You're new to bikes or just want a bike? Are you prepared to ride? Just curious about your choice of bikes and why.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I was at a friend's house looking for motorcycles on Craigslist, and saw an ad for a blue 2007 Ninja 250 with ~300 miles and he wanted to sell it for $2500!!

So i told myself to call the guy when I got home. Well fast forward about an hour later, I get home and jump on craigslist and the ad is gone :(

deal of the century and I blew it. This is the second time, actually with the first one being Ting's bike. :)
That's an OK price but definatley not the deal of the century.You can get one brand new out the door for about $3100. This bike will cost you $2500 plus tax of about $200 plus transfer fees so MAYBE you're saving $400 over a new bike but you don't get a 12 months warranty. Get a new one.

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of which, have you seen the ad for that '07 650R in red that some guy in the SGV has been listing for the past two-or-three months in our local CL? 416 miles on it and all he wants is someone to take over payments...the balance is like $4,905 right now! He said that the payments are about $150 a month. Now that's a deal! Are you determined to get 250 or are you open to the idea of a 650R? IMHO $4.9k for an '07 650R is a way better deal than $2.5k for an '07 250.
Yea, I've seen it. I love the 650R, and I believe with some self control, it'd be a great first bike, but it is a lot more expensive to insure, especially since I'm 19 with 0 miles of riding experience, other than the MSF course.

But I'll think about it. Maybe the benefits outweigh the cots.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Yea, I've seen it. I love the 650R, and I believe with some self control, it'd be a great first bike, but it is a lot more expensive to insure, especially since I'm 19 with 0 miles of riding experience, other than the MSF course.

But I'll think about it. Maybe the benefits outweigh the cots.
Actually, you might be suprised. The 650R isn't a SuperSport and some insurance companies are actually smart enough to know that. Call around for some quotes. When I got my 500R insured, they didn't ask for my riding experience--only how many miles a year I plan to ride the bike. But you're right about your age...that will definitely play a factor. When I got the 500R insured, the rep that I was talking to said that the 18 to 25 y/o demographic is "over represented" in the reporting of accidents category. And if you combine the SuperSport class with that age bracket, they are "vastly over represented". Thank goodness I was 38 when I got my first bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts