Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have been a member since early November and should have stopped by sooner to say hello. I have only had my license and my bike since October the 1st. I have been wanting to do this since I was 16 yrs old I am now 51 and everyone told me I was nuts but I am glad I did I just Love it. I have been enjoying, laughing and learning a lot from all of your post. This is an excellent forum for new riders like myself.My bike is a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900Lt. I live in northern Maryland and have been out riding when every the weather will let me. This is my first bike and I only go out when I know the weather will be nice, I have ridden in the cold and the only thing that I have trouble with is my hands getting cold. I have been busy with the bike though when the weather has not been so good. I have added a few accessories. I have added the Kawasaki light bar and crash bars, Mustang studded touring seat and Scootworks Phat Risers, I have a few other modifications want to do but I need to save a little money first. I am sending along a few pictures I hope they post. Again this site is just great.
Thanks Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Chaso;

Your ride is the same colour as mine.

The accessories you have added are some of the same ones I was planning on doing in the near future, so thanks. You've given me a look at what mine will look like soon.

Enjoy the great ride.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Nice looking bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome Charles. Great bike you have chosen. I've got the black/silver version (they're faster and more comfortable, ya know? :lol: ) Seems to be a very popular ride around here.

I notice that you're lurking got you off on the right foot! Pictures on the first(?) post = very nice!

Just hang in there, spring will be there soon!

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome Charles!! Glad to have ya join us!!

Nuts?! ....yeah, a few people told me I was nuts too, but the fact of the matter is, we're in good company here cuz this place is full of people who are nuts!!! :eek:

Nice scoot! Ride safe mate! :biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you do not live too far from me. I live in SE PA. very near to the MD/PA line. Where exactly in N. MD. are you?

Thanks for the pics and ride safe. Tomorrow and the next day should be a great day for us riders here in the NE.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome Charles!! Glad to have ya join us!!

Nuts?! ....yeah, a few people told me I was nuts too, but the fact of the matter is, we're in good company here cuz this place is full of people who are nuts!!! :eek:

Nice scoot! Ride safe mate! :biggrin: 8)
Hey! I resemble that NUTS remark! And I second the big welcome to you Charles!:-D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome Chaso,
As you've seen a lot of great people here (and quite a few nuts like myself). Sweet looking ride. Enjoy the wind in the face and have fun!!
Charlie

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hello Charles and welcome aboard! Nice bike!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everybody for the welcome. It was a beautiful day here in the NE I wish I could of gotten home in time to ride.
Charles

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you do not live too far from me. I live in SE PA. very near to the MD/PA line. Where exactly in N. MD. are you?

Thanks for the pics and ride safe. Tomorrow and the next day should be a great day for us riders here in the NE.
I am right near Jarrettsville.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Welcome to the nut farm! If riding a bike makes you nuts- count me in!

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
Nice bike Charles, welcome to the forum. Gloves work good for cold hands and you are nuts, but thats what makes life fun. Too bad you waited so long to do this, you could have been smiling more all this time. I did start riding at 16, but just got my first sport bike, and I'm 58. Go figure. It's like starting all over. You got your bike looking good, hope you get lots of smiles in over the years. Be safe. No matter how cold your hands get, while riding, keep them out of your pockets...just a safety tip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts