Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Just Hangin Out
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT and thought I would stop by to introduce myself as it appears I will probably be getting this bike later this evening. I am currently riding a 1998 Suzuki Marauder VZ800, good bike, but I think the Vulcan is going to fit me a lot better. Hope to gain a lot of insight into these bikes from some of the more experienced members here.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
aloha, welcome, good luck on your new purchase, and this site is a great place to find a lot of info... can't wait to see pics of the new bike...

·
Keeper of Donkey
13,882 Posts
Welcome aboard! Normally I'd have to agree with Steve and say "can't wait to see pics of the bike"... but we're talking HAWAII!!! Can't wait to see pics of the bike IN HAWAII!!! GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it turned out!

(My wife's a Hawaii fanatic... you won't be forgiven without pics!)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard!

PLEASE SEND SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Just Hangin Out
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes. I went and picked up the bike earlier tonight and I must say I am very, very happy with the bike. It is such an upgrade over the Marauder and I know this is a bike that I will be happy keeping for years where the Marauder was something that was only meant to be a starter bike. I will be sure to get some pics up as soon as I can. Sorry I cannot package up some sunshine and send up to Washington. I lived there for a year myself back in 1997-1998, definitely not a place for me.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Enjoy that 900... I can only imagine how awesome it must be to ride in Hawaii.

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
Welcome aboard and you've got yourself a great bike. This site will be invaluable to you now. Would you believe my wife did a Hawaiian cruise a few years ago without me! Could have something to do with the fact it was a group of about 20 nurses. Oh well, I hope to make it there sometime with or without the wife. :D

·
Keeper of Donkey
13,882 Posts
My neighbour, best friend and riding buddy got his 98 Marauder 800 three weeks after I got my Vulcan... a year and a half ago.

He never really liked it and was looking to upgrade almost right away... funny to hear another very similar story!

·
AKA *Kelly*
2,412 Posts
Welcome aboard! Normally I'd have to agree with Steve and say "can't wait to see pics of the bike"... but we're talking HAWAII!!! Can't wait to see pics of the bike IN HAWAII!!! GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it turned out!

I have to agree with Jeff on this one!!
Went to Hawaii years ago and been longing to go back ever since!!! It's sooooo beautiful there!!

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new bike, and post pics ASAP!! :tongue:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm in the middle of getting some prices for a vac. in the end of June. I was wondering can you rent a bike for a day or so to ride on the island?

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum yep pictures would be nice .....

·
Registered
411 Posts
how's this

the last pix is my beautiful wife of 36 years!

·
Just Hangin Out
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My neighbour, best friend and riding buddy got his 98 Marauder 800 three weeks after I got my Vulcan... a year and a half ago.

He never really liked it and was looking to upgrade almost right away... funny to hear another very similar story!
Wasn't that I didn't like the bike. It served it's purpose, it was the first bike I bought after completing the MSF course last year. Nice little inexpensive, intro bike to see if motorcycling was really for me. It was just too small for me, always felt like I was riding with my knees in my chest.

Welcome aboard. I'm in the middle of getting some prices for a vac. in the end of June. I was wondering can you rent a bike for a day or so to ride on the island?
Yep you certainly can. The place where I bought my bike from does bike rentals and I happen to be close friends with the lady that runs the rental department.

Welcome, now where's the pics of Hawaii?
Wouldn't you know it, it's raining today so no real nice Hawaiian pics. Here's a few of the bike sitting in my garage though to calm the masses and ensure there's no riot against me for not posting my pics. I am a regular member on several message boards so I understand how posting about a new bike without pics is a no-no.

The old bike that I traded in (98 Suzuki Marauder VZ800)

Here's one especially for the wife. It's my truck, but in a beautiful Hawaiian setting.

·
Keeper of Donkey
13,882 Posts
Nice bike, and truck! And that's coming from a GMC guy! Actually, that's a really nice looking Marauder too... I always thought he never gave it enough credit...

Now... a tanning bed in the garage in HAWAII?!!! :biggrin:

Ya gotta tell me one thing, if you can... One of my buddy's biggest pet peeves with his Marauder was the large opening at the back of the rear cylinder. He tells me a couple years later they re-routed the pipe for the rear jug through that hole, but in the mean time, it's a gaping hole.

I see you some type of chrome round thing in there.. what is that? He'd have killed to have something in there! He actually sold the bike to ANOTHER friend of mine, so it lives on, and I may be asked again what is supposed to (or can) go in there!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
hahhahaaha I was thinking the same thing, a tanning bed???? in Hawaii??? wow, you must work for a living....hhhahahaha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.