Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just tested out the Alpinestars SP-1 gloves.

These gloves are designed for the casual track rider - or for someone who wants to get into racing but doesn't want to plunk down a huge wad of cash for a pair of gloves.

I got them because this is exactly my situation - I do race at the track a few times a year but definitely not going to make a career out of it.

I found the leather material to be solid. The accordion stretch panels on each of the fingers are also made of leather which is nice.

The gloves fit very well and allow you to freely move your hands with ease - unlike my cold-weather gloves.

On that note, these gloves aren't meant to be worn in anything cooler than double digits Celsius as they do get quite cold.

The carbon fiber armor provides impact protection on both the knuckles and fingers as well.

Overall, if you're in the same situation as I am - where you enjoy track days but don't feel like shelling out the dough for pro gloves - try out the SP-1's or their brother pair the SP-2's.

You can read my full review here:

Alpinestars SP-1 Gloves Review | Alivetoride.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for posting your review.. I've actually had my eye on these and wondered how they faired as compared to the higher lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts