Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the alternator so I can replace the (starter) oneway clutch assembly. My starter gear just spins when I try to start the bike. It used to catch after a few attempts, but now it's toast.

The book says that I need a 1.) flywheel holder, 2.) rotor puller, 3.) and flywheel puller. Any suggestions for subsitiutes, or should I just buy the tools?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TOOLS???

I'd call the shop and ask them what it would cost for them to do it. Not only do you not have to tear into it and buy tools, but you get a receipt with a warranty should it fail shortly...if not then you will be good for a long time without having to buy the tools...Besides it supports the shop, and when you get ready to purchase another bike...they will know you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not sure on exactly how the alternator is mounted on your bike but it sounds like you might be able to get away with just using a regular small puller and a buddy with a screwdriver to keep whatever you are pulling from slipping. Like I said I have never seen your bike, but in my experience whenever the book claims you need such and such special tools, similar generic tools will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts