Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel terrible. Seems as the stator went out on the bike "again" in early October. So I figured I was close enought to cold weather to put the bike up for the year. I need to change the front tire and some other maintenance related things over the winter. The bike is up on the lift with the side cover pulled off waiting for me to take the stator out and send it off to be rewound.
Then for my B-Day my wife buys me a new toy........I got a '05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7L Magnum Hemi. So selfishly, I have been devoting all of my time to the new toy and have not been taking care of the bike. I digress, maybe the newness will wear off in a month or so and I can get back to getting "my baby" back on the road.........has anyone else ran into a problem like this? And when did you come back to reality?:confused:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Bike's been in pieces for 6 weeks now. Waiting on parts is part of it, laziness most of it!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
147 Posts
I feel terrible. Seems as the stator went out on the bike "again" in early October. So I figured I was close enought to cold weather to put the bike up for the year. I need to change the front tire and some other maintenance related things over the winter. The bike is up on the lift with the side cover pulled off waiting for me to take the stator out and send it off to be rewound.
Then for my B-Day my wife buys me a new toy........I got a '05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7L Magnum Hemi. So selfishly, I have been devoting all of my time to the new toy and have not been taking care of the bike. I digress, maybe the newness will wear off in a month or so and I can get back to getting "my baby" back on the road.........has anyone else ran into a problem like this? And when did you come back to reality?:confused:
There must be a pill for your problem or get counseling. LOL

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
I would imagine that you will get back into the swing of things come about Feb/March of next year when you start look forward to riding her again. Spend some time with the new toy.

(I should've been a marriage counselor.)

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Oh, I don't think I like it one little bit!

Of course you feel horrible, because everything you are doing is bad. Tossing the old lady aside when she needs you most, and cavorting with, of all things, a Chysler product. Have you no shame sir? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when she wakes up from the coma. She's liable to give you some time to contemplate your dreadful dreadful sins on the side of a lonely road somewhere when you least expect it.

I'm sorry mister, but you need to straighten up and fly right, and I mean on the doubletime!

:smile: Of course I jest!
You should see the growing list of stuff that's getting ignored at my house since I bought my bike! It's criminal.

Also- What an awesome buyer of presents your wife is! You lucky dog!

·
Back in the saddle
477 Posts
LOL
I had a 1500 with the hemi. I then bought the 1500 Classic. The truck sat for most of the summer. The next year I bought a new Jeep. Now everyone ribbed me because the bike didn't get very much attention for the first month or so. It wears off after a bit.
I found the trick is. Buy a new bike in the spring and a new car/truck in the fall/winter.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, the humanity.........I feel so ashamed!

·
It's purple, ma'am
2,016 Posts
Usually when the first payment comes due... does it for me everytime.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, we bought a new travel trailer, then I had to have a bigger truck to pull it (2001 Dodge Ram), so my bike has set quite a bit.
Now my sweety is saying I have way too many toys.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
eh, its winter enjoy the warm one! I had my jeep for a weekend toy when i bought my pathfinder, then the jeep just sat most of the time until i sold it a few months ago. then about a month after i got the pathfinder i bought my custom and ignored the pathfinder... but she just sat back with a "you'll come back, they always come back" type of smirk. I must say, winter hit and she was right! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts