Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang.. I finnally got my scala rider, I hooked it up to my helmet. and to my garmin zumo 550

Its cold here in nj, I am sitting here with my helmet on, blasting Metallica Ride the lightning in my left ear with my helmet on, wishing it was nicer out, cause when I get on the road this is going to be AWESOME!!!

Tunes while riding... wow.

Hey, now let me ask: does music when you ride cause you to drive faster and crazy enough to where its dangerous.

I think it will for me in the beginning, but i hope it does not get me hurt :)

I am pumped to try this out!

Kenny

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I love riding with music but tend to do that more when on longer rides. In town I want to hear the vehicles around me so I don't normally listen to it then. That being said...I use ear buds from Radio Shack that fit over the ears and insert into the ears and are very comfortable for me...NAD...they have an external volume control on the wire from the player so I can adjust the volume easily as I ride and stop to visit with others. These ear buds run about $10.00 and are my favorites due to the mentioned reasons.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 2wheel... im new to the whole thing... I used to have the whole system in the helmet that had wires everywhere this blue tooth stuff is darn nice

kenny

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
thanks 2wheel... im new to the whole thing... I used to have the whole system in the helmet that had wires everywhere this blue tooth stuff is darn nice

kenny
You're very welcome!

It's an adjustment thing as you'll see. Once you get it working for you...you'll know when and how loud to play the music. For me...I like to hear it while out on the highway as it just adds another awesome dimension to riding. And...as you mentioned...there are certain songs that make some rides stand out.

Another thing I enjoy doing is taping my rides. While I'm no expert at it...it's another level of fun as you record your rides and review them from time to time.

Here's a couple I've done for the fun of it:

Riding home from Red Lodge Montana with friends through Yellowstone Park and into Idaho and Washington State.

Riding home from Red Lodge Montana

This one is a quick shot of fellow riders I met at a good friends house as we rode around one afternoon. I stopped ahead of the pack to get them all on video. :)

Motorcycle Ride Spok-BBQ

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
You know, I do think it affects my speed from time to time!!!! :lol:
I have an external setup so I don't have to wear anything in my helmet, but I still jam to tunes while riding!!! I think what is worse though, is that I find myself be-bopping on the bike....you know, nodding my head around to the tune, tapping my feet or tapping and moving my whole leg up and down to the beat!!!! That must look SO SILLY to the cagers around me!!!! :biggrin:

Welcome to the world of music buddy!!!!! Now that I ride with them, I couldn't stand to ride without :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts