Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

It is great to be back on the forum and ready for a riding season her in Chicago Metro.

Question:
I have a Vulcan 900LT (Fuel Injection). I had an Oil Change last year late in the Season (Sept).

Bike has sat with a full tank of fuel w/.Stabil and on a Battery Tender and Covered) in my Garage.

Can I hit the road on local rides with this oil or do I need evacuate and change it prior to riding.

Thanks and safe Riding everyone,

Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it was my lawnmower I would change the oil. Since it is a bike, and worth much more, I would probably change it. This is not an opinion from someone that knows, I don't but it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you can afford it,change it.Motor oil that sits over the winter develops acids that are not good for your engine.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
if you didnt run the bike at all after the change you'll be fine. I don't worry about mine I change it before I store it for the winter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Changed mine after sitting all winter. Just thought it was cheap insurance,oil costs a lot less than a new motor.

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
I usually ride 1000 miles or so on the winter oil then change it. You probably don't need to change the filter though if you put a new on on last fall.

Where in the Chicago area are you?
Don't change the filter, save the $2.53 and save for a new bike...:lol:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes you need to ,no you don't. I suppose you can take your pic ..You might want to ask the Kaw Service Dept. The should be able to give you the best suggestion..
T.O.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts