Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vodka Guy
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious ...

Yesterday I received a package from AMA. It has AMA card for my name and some bucklets, which explain me AMA benefits... No payment request.

But ... I did not apply for AMA. Somebody else aplied me there and paid for me. I have 2 ideas about that case.

First: I prolonged my AAA membership 2 weeks ago. Really it was prolonged automatically, I just received a payment confirmation. I heard that in some states AAA membership automatically extends to AMA, but I cannot said, that it 100% true. Probably AAA keps my drive license id and checks it each year. I got my "M" license one year ago, it was not any info about that one year ago ...

Second: I changed my insurance from GEICO to Nationwide at the beginning of November (BTW, NW gave me $123 with better coverage against GEICO's $201). I also heard that some insurance compaines automaticlly give you AMA memebership. I also cannot say, that is true ...

Thrid: My wife sent me a present :). but it is definitely SCI-FI area ...

So, do you know soething about that?

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I belonged to the AMA many many years ago. Pretty good orginization if I remember. You are lucky. When I bought the 900, the dealer said that Kawa and Geico were "partners" and I would get a good deal from them and a 1 year free membership to ROK if I bought their insurance. Well Geico was the best price and said that I would get the free membership. Guess what, that was May - never heard another thing from them. Even e-mailed and got no reply. Hope their coverage is better than their promises.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts