Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, longtime lurker finally decided to join up.

Anyone here going to Americade in 08? Vacation bids are final for me in December and if I get what I want I am planing a trip.

I'll be traveling from the Conn, Mass, RI area border and if anyone wants to travel up let me know.

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k.....might be up for that if I don't get my vacation bid.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Would like to go this year. I've never been before, looking forward to it.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Would like to go this year. I've never been before, looking forward to it.
you live in Upstate NY and you have never been ? yeah, you should check it out.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Thinking about going up. I have heard mostly good things about it, but have heard some negative stuff about Fridays and Saturdays. On another forum some people were talking about having some things stolen off of their bikes. Anybody have information on what Americade is like?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm going at least Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and maybe Thursday.

·
32,545 Posts
Thinking about going up. I have heard mostly good things about it, but have heard some negative stuff about Fridays and Saturdays. On another forum some people were talking about having some things stolen off of their bikes. Anybody have information on what Americade is like?
i have been a few times just for day trips and i have never had a problem. unfortunately though, i think it is turning more into a Harley-esq type of rally every year. it was originally started as a Goldwing and touring bike rally and a lot of the vendors are geared that way. it isn't at much of a cheap leather expo as Laconia is, but there seems to be less and less touring bikes every year and more of just a normal rally feel. use your judgment, but don't expect your helmet to be there if you don't lock it up. that's about the only advice i can offer. pretty sure i will be going for a day trip again this year with some of my buddies.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Thanks for the information! My friend and I are talking about going up on Thursday or Friday and staying until Saturday or Sunday. It seems like there is plenty to do.

·
32,545 Posts
Thanks for the information! My friend and I are talking about going up on Thursday or Friday and staying until Saturday or Sunday. It seems like there is plenty to do.
no prob !
yeah, there is a bunch to do. i have never been up for more than a day trip, but i know they do a bunch of rides. if you are going up for a couple days, you might want to see if you could sign up for one. either that or just map some out on your own and explore the area. really is gorgeous up there.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Yeah, I've been in the area before. When I was young my parents took us to Frontiertown and the North Pole. We also took our children there when they were young. Heard it has been closed for awhile. It is beautiful up there! Thanks again!

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I heard that it can get a little wilder on Fri and Sat....I was there once w/the family camping in maybe 85.....we had fun it was a unexpected bonus to our vacation.

My tentative plans are to stay mon-thurs and leave friday afternoon b/4 the weekend crowds pour in.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
I am riding up on Wednesday adn going home on Sunday. I am riding up with my group and we will be doing some of our own rides, Lake Placid and Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. I would love the chance to meet some of you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts