Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Went to Laconia last year and had a blast. Some buds want to try Americade this June and was wondering if any of you could tell me what to expect at this ralley.On the web site from last year it looks pretty tame in comparison.
Any info would be appeciated,thanks.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Louis
it is definitely a lot more tame than Laconia. Americade was actually started as a Goldwing and touring bike rally and there are still a LOT of touring bikes that go. my suggestion to you is plan ahead and try to get in on some of the rides that are scheduled. all of the stuff for sale is better than Laconia, because even that is geared more towards the touring guys, but that only takes up so much time. this will be my third year going, but not sure if i will stay over this year or not. i usually just do a day trip, but we'll see.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I live just a short ride away and already ride the scenic road trips the whole summer. I'm stoppin by this year for the sales, and the food.

·
32,545 Posts
upstate NY is definitely a nice place to live if you like to ride. the roads you have are nice, with good speed limits and not a whole lot of people around. i always enjoy the rides in that area. i am not sure what my plan is this year, but either way i will be there at least one day and will love the ride to and from, as well as enjoying Americade itself.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I live in Upstate Central New York and have gone to the Americade for the last 6 years. I've noticed that most of the retailers are now selling generic named junk.

If your going for the atmosphere, then have a blast because it's a beautiful area and some of the bikes you see are unbelievable. And, there's always Six Flags Great Escape just down the road if your getting bored!!

The Adirondacks is were I spend most of my summer riding. Not too hot and lot's of twisties if you find the right area's. My favorite run is, well, I'll just map it:

·
32,545 Posts
thanks for the info rlovin1. i am going to have to print that out and utilize it. i have spent some miles in the Adirondacks, but i have no idea where. i just follow my buddy who usually plans the rides.

·
Red Lodge Approved
1,732 Posts
they are not even close to the same event.. but they are both a great time.. Americade is a more of a family friendly event and much smaller.. maybe because i live so close and have been so many times, but i really sont see much more to do for a day other than enjoy a nice ride like others mentioned.. laconia on the other hand.. :)

G

·
louis brail said:
Hi all,
Went to Laconia last year and had a blast. Some buds want to try Americade this June and was wondering if any of you could tell me what to expect at this ralley.On the web site from last year it looks pretty tame in comparison.
Any info would be appeciated,thanks.
hi Louis,i thought the americade was in lake George?????

·
364 Posts
The Americade is in the Village of Lake George, but not that far from Glens Falls. I think the two are about 5-7 miles apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think the best road to ride on in lake george is to take 9n from lake george village up to ticonderoga the other end of the lake going thru tongue mt is the best part because it is steep with alot of turns and the pavement is good.From ticonderoga i like to come down on rt 22 on the other side of the lake to rt 4 then to 149 back to lake goerge total miles 93 from my house and back again. the east side of the lake is pretty straight and flat so high speeds are necessary

·
364 Posts
vtecno said:
i think the best road to ride on in lake george is to take 9n from lake george village up to ticonderoga the other end of the lake going thru tongue mt is the best part because it is steep with alot of turns and the pavement is good.From ticonderoga i like to come down on rt 22 on the other side of the lake to rt 4 then to 149 back to lake goerge total miles 93 from my house and back again. the east side of the lake is pretty straight and flat so high speeds are necessary
I'll have to try that route if I go camping in Lake george this summer. Looks like it could be fun. I'm also hoping to make it up and around Whiteface and Lake Placid this summer. I remember going up there with the car and wishing I had the bike. I believe we took I-87 north from Lake George to Exit 30? Then US RT-9 to RT 73. Then State RT-9 to RT-86, then RT-86 back to RT-73. (sorry if it sounds confusing, used MS Streets & Trips for the Route numbers).

·
Red Lodge Approved
1,732 Posts
you would be hard pressed to find bad roads to get lost on in that area.. unless you end up on the highway..

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
If you really want to take a ride in the Adirondacks, Fall is absolutely gorgeous in that area. I used to live in upstate New York, and I can honestly say the Fall colors are much better than the lower New England states (though Vermont does pull off a good show). Not only that, the hiking can't be beat. Even if you go in the Summer, take some time and hike up to Bald Peak. The view is spectacular.

Edit: If you're a rock hound, a visit to Herkimer is a must.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A fall ride up to Whiteface Mt near Lake Placid is a wonderful ride. Lots of color and good roads. however, sometimes traffic is heavier than usual when the leaf peepers in cages are out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts