Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone,

Since I have a cruiser as well as my Daytona I had to post this for you if you hadn't seen this yet. It still makes me laugh.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
that is just plain stupid! :roll: Ape-Hangers are technically illegal over here.... but people still use them.....THAT one goes well beyond description!

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Yes , it's just silly isn't it.
Makes me wonder why he rides.
We all have our separate tastes and opinions which is a truly wonderful thing. God , in her infinite wisdom , loves variety however I ask " is that thing still about riding a bike or summit else ?
What I mean is this :
I love twisties and I like a bit of zip. I like having a shiny bike and I can well and truly understand cosmetic and audio attention ( a bit of bling and nice sounding pipes ) . I know some people who have mechanically magnificent bikes that look like crap. They say ( and I believe their sincerity ) that they are just about the ride and anything else is just extra baggage or even pose . -- Fair enough a bit purist but a view i can admire nevertheless .
I also know some who cruise on machines that are blinged to the max. They're not mad about twisties ( like um me:biggrin: but they ride and they're happy.) --Also fair enough. More power to 'em I say.
HOWEVER IMHO that thing is not really about motorcycles and riding at all!!
"Emperor's new clothes" I reckon. The rider could pretend all he likes but that is well beyond any motorcycle frame geometry which even vaguely supports riding.
And yes , I have ridden a bike with apes and yes they're fine - up tp a point.

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Nice colour though:D Kinda "safety" yellow.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Man, that is just crazy. :eek:
Oh, by the way Dave, anyone ever tell you that your bike looks uncomfortable? :biggrin:

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
Morning everyone,

Since I have a cruiser as well as my Daytona I had to post this for you if you hadn't seen this yet. It still makes me laugh.
That's what pre-flight looks like!!!
He's gone wayyyy too far, well over done. Even the pipes look silly IMHO.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I dont think thats legal... there is no way he can make a good smooth turn with that.
It's legal in many states.
As far as turns... ever ride a bike with apes? People told me that I wouldn't be able to handle the canyons with apes.

Not a problem... 2-up and I keep up with some very good riders.

Closest that I can compare it to is power steering with a good quality rack-and-pinion system... the road feel is there, but you just THINK "push" and the bike leans over. It's far more responsive, but not what I'd call "squirrelly".

Now... those apes are "a bit" extreme, but I think you'd be surprised at how well it could handle.

·
AMA NRA LIBERTARIAN
723 Posts
IMO those bars are a lot safer than you would think.
If it gets people to stare at you than you are noticed.
If your noticed your closer to being safe....

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
IMO those bars are a lot safer than you would think.
If it gets people to stare at you than you are noticed.
If your noticed your closer to being safe....
Good point.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In California the DMV VC states handlebars cannot be above shoulder height or it is a vehicle infraction.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts