Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it snowed here,and I was without my two wheels of joy for 2 weeks untill it melted off. But that doesn't mean that I didn't have a little fun with the snow and my bike.

Yes, I did get it stuck there.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Good thing the snow wasn't deep! LOL :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, it took me a half hour to get it out of there and parked.

The snow is melting off, and the ice is disappearing from the roads. The sun is out, the high is supposed to be around 50 degrees F, I think it's time for a ride ^.^

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Awww Man.....I wish I could ride! :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so put on some electric gloves and go for it! i'm out there at 5 in the morning when it's 0 degrees out.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
LOL....That sounds like a dare? :)

If it wasn't for the gravel...etc on the roads I would. I hate it when I'm following behind a car / truck and their tires fling rocks into the bike and shield. In these frigid temps I'm sure it would be all over with with a direct hit to the shield.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
that's the main thing the southerners don't understand about our road conditions ! once it gets into late November the roads are covered with salt and sand and whatever snow/slush/ice mix mother nature feels like throwing at us that week. that's why the bike stays parked once she is parked. even in April, we have to be real careful, still a lot of stuff on the roads. i'd say by June, the roads are mostly cleaned up ! nice to see the lower states get a taste of it !! hehehe, sorry guys, had to say it. yeah, i know, at least you don't have to wait until April to ride, yeah, i get it. fine, i'm going skiing, to heck with you and your warm weather !

wow, as i proof read my post, it seems like i am argueing with myself, oh well, i will submit it anyways, may be good for a laugh, especially with these run-on sentences !!!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
shoot, we got plastered with snow yesterday, a whole 1/2 fell and shut the town down...joking on that but still its been unusually cold and snowy here the past 2 weeks.

·
32,545 Posts
its actually been unusually warm here. actually rained and came close to 60 on thursday. there goes all my good skiing snow ! we have a dusting tonight, but that doesn't get my base back up. pretty sad that we are into January and the local mountain doesn't even have a good base, not to mention no snow at all in the woods. its all man made stuff and only on the trails. man, can't ride, can't ski, anybody got any ideas ? hehe, guess i'll just have to stay on here more often !!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's funny... the mountain here has the best base it's had for at least 7 years.not into skiing tho, just riding.

as far as riding right now... hehe...i'll have to take pictures of the trails they call roads in this town.

icy patches are still on my route to work, and i'll be riding on cinders on most of the 14 mile ride through the 10-20 degree temps at 5:30 in the morning...all the while dodging the car-sized potholes that the snowplows dredged up cause the blades hit the cracks in the road. i'll be out there tomorrow being called crazy and insane by the 4-wheelers at stoplights. but hey, i've been doing this for 2 years now, and the only scratches on my bike have come from flying rocks and beercans, not from s****ing pavement. i must be doing something right.

yes, i'm crazy, and stupid to some extent, and i'm surrendering to a car this year so my bike will be parked on the cold/wet days.

·
32,545 Posts
sounds like a fun time ! well, you seem to have your plan in place, so who cares that the four wheelers think you are nuts. that's just one up to you ! gives you the upper hand when you go into it already a little nuts !!! at least, that's what i keep telling myself...

·
Registered
506 Posts
rednek,keep all the snow as long as you want. Go ahead and play in it,eat some snow cream,take pictures of it,ride in it,drive in it,Make love in it,just anything you want to do in it,But please don't send any to North Carolina!!!!! Thanks in advance, see ya.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm keeping it, as much as i can.as long as the snow stays off the pavement, i'm happy. i'm a polar bear at heart anyways.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Rednik; You said zerooooo degrees? :shock: :shock: Im freezing here and it just dropped below 55 degrees. Thats above zero! :razz: I remember when riding in weather like that was fun,but now I will take the 70's. ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flagstaff

Rednek,

Bummer about the snow but at least your in Arizona. I am in Ohio it just plains sucks here right now.....

I was in Flagstaff earlier this year. It was my first visit and I loved it. I would move there in a heart beat....the road from Flagstaff to Sedona was AWESOME!!

Just can't say enough good things about the beauty of Flagstaff....

Oh yeah, nice bike, by the way! :grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts