Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lowered my zx 6r and not thinking I didn't check what kind of angle of lean the bike made with the kickstand. Because I lowered the bike I need to modify the kickstand so the bike sits properly, but wanted to make sure I didn't go to far with it.

I could put my bike back to the way it was but I thought I would ask first if anyone knows off hand or maybe someone can take a protractor or compass to their bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Go to a machine shop close by to you. They should be able to make you one fairly easy.

Hate when that happens - cool mod foiled by a little itty bitty detail.

Should be a quick fix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That adjustable kickstand is sweet. I have been looking for one for a while. But I just don't believe I can pay $170 for a kickstand. I'll just have to pull the ole brain off the shelf, dust it off, and do some good old fashion math.

·
Registered
605 Posts
stick a piece of wood under the bike? or the stand...if the stand it was lowered that would just put the bike more off balance.

My friend and I modified his 250 stand when he lowered it cuz he's a short guy and needed to touch the ground, we just took the kickstand off, measure about the same as we dropped the bike and cut that chunk out, after that we welded it back together and fixed the seam, I think he then got lazy and just spray painted the stand black...all in all, it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
just always park it on hot asphault, and make sure you sink it good:). if you take it to a machine shop they can get it red hot with an acetalyn torch and bend it out a few degrees. just make sure its hardened or tempered properly afterwards cause id hate for your kickstand to bend or worse snap on you. or you can find one off a lower bike and make it work.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts