Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies, those of you who live in rural, or even certain urban areas know what I'm talking about. We have herds of deer and elk, racoons, porcupines, squirrels, foxes, coyotes, and even moutain lions in my area. All of them are crazed at the moment by drunken hunters and the impending winter weather. Many are wandering onto the road--but only those that haven't already moved onto my property. :lol: My neighbor had a mother bear and two cubs in her backyard tree--and that was downtown in the small city a few miles down the highway.

So far, they're only gazing at me and not jumping in front of my bike. We also have cattle and sheep ranching on open range here. This means you may find farm animals wandering outside their fences. In the last couple of weeks, I've come upon a sleeping pony and several cows standing in the middle of the road.

Are you having any scary incidents where you live? I know at least one poster here who is having deer problems......

Charlie

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
We came across a gigantic bull in the middle of the road a few weeks ago, and he seemed pretty pissed by our loud pipes. He snorted and pawed a bit. He even chased the first rider who passed him. I just had to hold my breath and buzz past him with just a few feet of clearance. Pretty spooky. We had a good laugh about it afterward, though. :)

I have a friend who lives in the woods in Minnesota. She often comes across deer in the middle of the road. I was driving her road in a car one night and came very close to hitting one. I think this time of year you just have to take it slower and expect animals to come out into the road. I live right in the middle of town, but we have deer in our yard this time of year and have had bears as close as two blocks away.

Julie

·
Registered
8 Posts
We, too, have the deer, fox, raccoon, skunk (oh yeah, dead ones smelled while in a car are fun, but from the seat of the 'cycle, a WHOLE different experience :shock: ), squirrels and chipmunks.

Additionally, we have wild turkeys abounding around here ... and they look like a large crow from far away, it's just when you get close enough for it to be trouble that you realize not only is it a turkey, but there's LOTS of them. DH passed by a flock of them and they blended in with the leaves and stone wall so well he never saw them. Luckily they were on the side of the road they wanted to be on and I saw them in time to slow, give some berth and then get out of the way.

We are just about to put the bikes to bed for the winter; counting on one more ride on Friday or Saturday, then it'll be hibernation time. :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts