Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry all, but these constant velocity carbs are driving me crazy! Question is, when the throttle is jacked open and the slides are raised, what is supposed to make them close quickly when the throttle position is fully off. Seems the engine RPM's stay high for a long time before falling off to idle speed. Is vacuum supposed to pull them down or what? I don't get the normal "varoom, varoom" but instead get a "varooooooooooooom" I know the throttle is fully at the stop, so it's not like a sticky mechanism or anything. What's up? BTW, this is on an EL250 Eliminator. I believe the EX is the same. Thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CARBS

I would seriously lube the cables till they were singing to you, like in a shower. Sounds like the problem...Please get back on the FORUM with the solution or still asking what else to do...!!! Then too check out your exhaust pipe and make sure no one has been stuffing things in it, or mice, bees (bad bees here in Kansas), spiders building inside it. Restricting the exhaust will do about the same thing as you are describing. Lots of backpressure makes this sound like the problem if in fact it is not the cable in need of lots of lube. TOO, is the slack adjusted right in the cables so that it dowsn't rev up/down when the bars are turned from side to side? check out the adjustment in the choke as well and lube it while you are lubing cables.....LET US KNOW!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts