Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Name's Russ, from Asheboro, North Carolina. I'm 44, divorced, and finally free of the support payments. :)

Actually I've been reading here for quite some time, but being new to the net, I'm sure yall will be understanding if (when!) I screw it up.

I have an '03 800B that I found new at a dealer going out of business- .03 miles. Didn't even ride or sit on it! Just bought it! That was April '03, and since then I've done 6600+ miles. Took the MSF course last May, because like some others, I'd ridden as a teen and young adult, but marriage, child & lack of money put the brakes on for a while. But now I'm back on 2 wheels, and life seems complete again! :D

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
well welcome, plenty of 800 A and B riders in here. Glad your back on two wheels

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Welcome Russ and thanks for sharing! :)

You've no doubt seen that there are alot of good people here. I think you'll fit right in! :) Post a pictures of your bike & you when you can!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hello and welcome this is a great fourm your going to like it here.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi there Russ! Yeah,i know where you're at. I come up to Carraway Speedway a bunch during racing season. Don't stay to far from ya (about 30 miles). Little town south of you down 220 to 211,go east to a little town called West End...I came up to the big toy ride back in Dec. where we all met at the mall there in Ashboro. About 1200 bikes there that day! Maybe we can get together some and ride! E-mail at [email protected] and we're talk about it. See ya, Kenny in North Carolina......

·
Registered
506 Posts
Russ,forgot to tell ya, Welcome aboard and glad to have a new friend!! Kenny

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Kenny!

West End... beer on Sundays. Everywhere else around won't sell it!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Russ, welcome to the forum. I ahve never been to West End, but it sounds like a good place. Have one for me.

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for the warm reception. Actually brian, West End is an unusual place in that there is alcohol there at all. Many places here in central NC are still dry, and most that aren't don't sell on Sundays. Asheboro, where I live, has the distinction of being the largest city in NC that allows NO alcohol sales of any kind. I don't agree with it, and judging from the beer bottles in my yard every weekend (from kids in cars, I own trashcans) it doesn't curb consumption anyway.

Oh yeah. And the golf. West end has a couple of good golf courses.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
rbentnail,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the "brotherhood of bikers"

Lots of great folks up here ...we have lots of fun and even learn something!!!

Heather

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Welcome aboard Russ you'll find plenty of good an helpful folks around here. Being your riding the 800 which is known to be bullet proof. You'll have to tell joke's Like me since you won't have any problems for us to fix anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts