Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just sold my Vulcan 1500A13 and bought the new bad boy on the block (Vulcan 2000). Has anyone else had the chance to ride this great bike?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
welcome

welcome to the board nelson :wink: glad to have another vulcan rider in here :D
i rode the behemoth a few weeks ago and its alot of scoot :lol:
i just wish they would have sold it as a fully dressed (bags,shield,etc) bike-it would be
badd a$$-would've made more sense to me instead of a stripped cruiser
i loved the ride and slow speed tricks really were not that bad :wink:

congrats on the scoot - stick around and tell us how it performs :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i rode a 2000 for just a hour or so and this is what i noticed:

huge!,awful heavy,good power,smooth shift,200 back tire,decent seat

rectifier in bad place down low on bottom of frame behind front wheel,clutch pivot into tranny in a goofy position and not very beefy,footboards are wiggly,scrapes in a hard turn

overall from a 1 hour ride,its just too much bike for me-i'm sure alot of folks will like it though
i still say it should've been a fully dressed upgrade from the nomad insted of a stripped cruiser-seem kawi was trying to give some harley qualitys to this bike with the separate tranny,belt drive :roll: , the nomad and the 1600's are still the best values and performers in the herd in my humble and worthless opinion :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess this is why they make all different kinds of bikes. If this would have been a fully dressed I wouldn't have looked twice at it. Just stripped down the bike and took it to paint. I am also having the back finder completely filled in, should look pretty trick when it's finished

1 - 7 of 7 Posts