Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Vulcan 800 classic has cobra drag pipes and a cobra jet kit. I was wondering if this set up was the best sounding and performing setup I could get? What else should I do to increase the performance? Thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

best sounding is an opinion :wink: i can say that cobra's are popular pipes for the 800,but so are vance/hines,hard chrome,samson,the list goes on and
all of them work well -since you have jetted your done with exhaust(don't know if you have baffles)next mod is for air.put in a low restriction air filter K&N etc,modify the stock air box,or pull the whole thing off and go with a hypercharger or other similar intake but be aware you will have to re-tune the bike(maybe rejet again)-that would be the direction i'd go at your stage of the game-good luck and ride safe!

·
Registered
837 Posts
bikeaholic's right.once you change out your exhaust..that part is over then...im kinda partial to v&h but cobras are nice too.about all you will want to do then is go with a hotter ignition..those 800's are ....theres alot you can do to one but with less results and then all it will do is cost you money...like i was going to say..those 800's come out of the factory hopped up anyway...your not going to get that much more out of one after rejetting,repiping and hotter ignition :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

very true-its kinda hard to pull any more serious hp out of the 800
if you need more ponies trade up for a mean streak :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i've heard good things but i've never ridden one equipped - the 2 into 1 on the yammy warrior performs well but it looks goofy :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts