Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new seat for my 07 Meanie SE and would like to have something that works fairly well for 2 up riding and looks decent. From what I can tell the Mustang Vintage Sport Touring Seat sounds good since you can take off the passenger seat when riding solo. It also sounds like it is one of the more comfortable seats for passengers. Does anyone have one and possibly some pictures so I can see what it looks like on the bike? Did it move you back or forward? I'm 6' 2" and would rather not move forward any. Any other suggestions on what would work best?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Corbin touring seat here....great seat but can't take off the passenger seat area. It's a one piece. Heard a lot of good things about the Mstang but never rode one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i also have the corbin dual tourer with optional backrest (interchangeable between rider and passenger), and i was in the same position you were when deciding which seat to get. i decided on the corbin because when riding solo i can either take the backrest off or use it for driver backrest. taking the backrest off is as simple as removing on screw, and the backrest slides out. with the mustang if you want a backrest for the passenger you will need to get a sissy bar and i did not want to have to take the sissybar on and off. the corbin saddle put me back about 2 inches and down about an inch.

my buddy has the mustang seat and i find it just as comfortable as the corbin but still prefer the corbin. with the mustang i felt like i was riding on the bike versus with the corbin has a feeling of being in the bike (if that makes sense).

anyway both are great seats it's up to you on what look you prefer and how much you want to spend.

here are a couple of shot with the backrest on and off.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hawaiin!

How long of trips have you taken with a passenger? I'm assuming they are much happier with the new seat.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have gone completely around the island which took approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours, and yes the wifey is extremely happy with the seat, she especially likes the wide seating area and the backrest also a must, she does not have to hold on so tight when i give it some throttle LOL.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you've convinced me that the Corbin would be best. It looks good, moves you back a little and I do like the fact it kind of sits you in the bike. Now I have to say thanks for convincing me it is a good idea to spend $500 on a seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts