Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Wheel Addiction
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear tire because of a screw puncture. They no longer make the Pirelli Strada (sport touring), it's replaced by the new Angel ST (sport touring). I have a lot of tread and life left in these somewhat new tires, so getting a new front seems like such a waste as well. I normally go 2 rears to 1 front, unless switching brands but this isn't much of a switch really, so what do you all think? Do you always get tires in pairs or do you mix and match? I know some are made to work in conjunction with each other but these are very similar in tread as well. I loved the Strada's by the way, great tire, hope the new Angel ST's are as good.

·
2 Wheel Addiction
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the 180/55ZR17, they still do have it in the FJR OEM version at the Superstore, which they are charging extra for. I don't know what the difference would be between the FJR tire and any other of the same size though. I have found the size I need (Strada) elsewhere but for more than I can now get the Angel ST for at most places, including the Superstore. Thats why I thought I would just go ahead and switch to the newer version of the tire, didn't think it would be an issue but doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
FWIW, I have never used the FJR version (I think called "E Spec") on my FJR. The front Strada I had replaced earlier this week had 15,999 miles on it. I replaced it with a Strada. Then I promptly ordered another one to put in my outbuilding. I've heard nothing good about the Angels yet, the jury's still out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts