Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I need to stop going away for weeks at a time so I don't need to do these :p

I'm back! I've been studying my arse off for the NM State EMT-B exams. And... I aced the practicals! And I'm waiting on the written test scores, although I feel pretty confident about those!
Applying for a job later this week as soon as I get that license in hand.

Bike is still not together. Brakes are giving me problems now, so I'm taking them to work to have a tech look em over for me. Hopefully tomorrow evening I'll get everythin together and have her for Tues morning ride to work.

And I got into an Adv Trauma class for next semester :D Along with A&P for non-majors (a pre-req for both Paramedic and RN, not sure which I want to do), and maybe a EMS pharmacology class.

All in all, a good few weeks!

So, how's everyone else been?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Sounds good. Looks like things are coming along for you, will keep my fingers crossed for your final.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Holy Cow JT! That's a heck-of-uh schedule! Glad to have guys like you out there that do study their a-off when things go south! Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. Looks like things are coming along for you, will keep my fingers crossed for your final.
Thank you :D It's hard to believe that I just did the state exam. I've been waiting for this ALL semester! Hopefully by this time next week I'll have license in hand and officially be an EMT-B

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy Cow JT! That's a heck-of-uh schedule! Glad to have guys like you out there that do study their a-off when things go south! Thanks man!
No kidding! And if I get the job I want I'll be working 4 12 hour shifts a week... Money will be better than I'm making now, but I will have no life! :p

Seriously, so far I'm loving this field (I've done a few ride-alongs along with class work). I just don't want to have to respond to any of ya'll!

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Good on ya' there JT! Acing the practical is excellent! I'm sure you did well on the writtens as well. Keepign the nose to the grind stone pays off. Painful, but it pays.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Well I hope if I ever do need an emt it'll be a guy as caring and knowledgeable as you.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
A big GRATZ there Nathan! That's a great accomplishment!

Mt son finished the EMT & the classroom of the paramedic & is now in the middle of the clinicals. It's a grueling pace but well worth it! Hang in there & keep up the good work!! :biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats on the EMT stuff. I know, everytime I have to refresh (every 3 years in NY), I get in panic mode.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good on ya' there JT! Acing the practical is excellent! I'm sure you did well on the writtens as well. Keepign the nose to the grind stone pays off. Painful, but it pays.
Thanks! :D Although i know I'll be checking the mail 3-4 times a day till I get my license or letter telling me I need to retest.. But hopefully license!

And it looks like another year or two of grindstone then I might be done for a while :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts