Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike seems to be getting noisier.At idle it has kinda a squeak to the engine.It runs good and everything but I can here it at idle.I have 6200 miles on it and change the oil often,at 600,1800,3900 and 6000.I notice it more in this cold weather.also have a whistling noise when I go thru the gears.Sound great at speed and when I let off the throttle just a bit.If you give it a little gas you can hear it.I dont care about the whistling as much as the squeek.Are these just noisier in the winter or what????

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Squeeks from the front lower left of the bike have sometimes been associated with Stators going out. Mostly 06 and early 07's. 35,000 and I haven't heard any on mine.

They do get noisy during the winter. Was worse last year as I put my stock pipes on. First thing I thought when I fired it up was "MAN is that a clickity poppity engine".

They're noisy, but constant. If you have a new noise, keep an eye on it.

CAN you keep an eye on noise? hmmm, Keep an EAR on it.

·
Go G-Men!!!
251 Posts
I notice that when the temp is below 40 I get a squeak when I first take-off and then shift through the gears. It goes away though as the bike warms up. I agree that it just seems to get noisier in the winter.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've got a squeaky V2K. Talked with a factory tech rep at the BB&B in Fayetteville last fall. Gave me the same line....it's normal for a belt drive. Absolutely no help at all. I have an extended warranty, so I'm taking mine into the local dealership and leaving it there until they get it fixed. It's ridiculous. Guess I'll have to stop by every time I see somone looking at a new bike and ask them if mine is fixed yet. The new dealership is 4 blocks from my house. 8^)

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on gadets fix it page he mentions the squeak also could be the engine mounts.He says to start the bike loosen them up just a bit and let it idle for a minute then turn the bike off and re torque the bolts.Worth a try and easy fix.Mine only does it at idle and I know it is not the belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.