Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know whats the best thing I can get to lock my bike from it getting stolen? I never lived in an apartment while owning a bike before. When I had a house I just locked it up in my garage. As you can see in the picture, I'm using a kryptonite lock that wraps around the front tire. I was wondering is there anything better?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use the kryptonite caliper locks for front and rear. I also use the same kryptonite cable you have but I go through the rear wheel and through the front wheel of my car.

Also, take a look at this: http://www.scorpioalarms.com/

I also installed that alarm.

I have a 2004 ZX6R. These measures should help you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rcivic. That scorpion alarm looks real interesting. I like the silent alarm feature. Nice to confront the thief with a Glock .9 pointed at his head while his hand is in the cookie jar. I think i will order one since there is a plug and play kit on there.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
KRIPTONYTE

They actually make a cable that is longer. attaching it through the frame at the front and rear and both wheels and through a mount into the floor concrete or to a bumper of a car, something solid... also in the apartment you could get an alarm system, even lock your garage door from the inside so that only the family can open it. YOu could also invest in a lift, maintenance lift for working on your bike and use the longer cable lock and attach it through the lift...then it would take about 6 guys to try and lift the bike and lift...also, when it comes time to clean tings you can set in a chair and work on things while the bike is in the air...

·
Registered
456 Posts
EpicOneX said:
I like the silent alarm feature. Nice to confront the thief with a Glock .9 pointed at his head while his hand is in the cookie jar.
I agree completely that a silent alarm is better than a noisy one. I'm willing to risk losing my bike if it gets a thief off the street. It's better to let him think he has plenty of time to work while the police are on the way.
Curt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SCORPIO ALARM

I wonder if Beartooth would order a case or two of these and then give us a discount...Why don't you ask them? I suggested that they have a monthly offer/special advertised...why not alarm systems that we all want...and NEED?

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
i heard that they got this electrical system that will shock you if you touch a metal part of the bike? just wondering if this is true, and if not, is it possible?

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Yeah, I heard that too. It's a good Idea for us to young to own a glock .9 , or .357 mag :) anyway, I'm pretty sure its a real thing, like a taser and alarm all in one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a system out there that sends electricity throughout. I don't know how good this is for the bike's electrical system. Also, they talked about banning them due to potential injuries. Just what I heard.

Also Epic,
The factory harness works like a charm. Much better than cutting. Just plug and play.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ALARM

Seriously the Scorpio system just plugs in...and at home locking it on a lift would be great as well....Everyone should have a lift...

·
Registered
272 Posts
My "alarm" & anti theft system 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haha that is awesome. Maybe I should teach my dog to do that instead of pissing all over the floor.

·
Registered
272 Posts
But then again this seems to work quite well 8)

·
Registered
272 Posts
rcivic97 said:
Haha that is awesome. Maybe I should teach my dog to do that instead of pissing all over the floor.

That's a real USAF Security Forces dog sitting in a blackhawk somewhere over "there" 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'll steer away from the shocking alarm and get the scorpion. I got a few kids in my apartment complex that love looking at my bike up close. I'd hate to get a liability suit because some kid couldnt keep his hands off my bike, as much as good as it sounds. I'd hate to sell my bike to pay for a settlement. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SCORPION

THE SCORPION...liability on the other one could be a KILLER and get you in serious trouble!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
There's an alarm in South Africa that actually spits flames out the sides of the car. This is totally legal there too. If someone tries to bust in, you press a button and burn the thief to a crisp! :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts