Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
CQB said:
Hey Ramprat, what kind of rifle is that? It looks like an AR15, but something is different.
ArmaLite AR10 SEBR Carbine (308) . It's a special run not avaible from their website or cataloug.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ZX-6RR Ninja said:
There's an alarm in South Africa that actually spits flames out the sides of the car. This is totally legal there too. If someone tries to bust in, you press a button and burn the thief to a crisp! :D
Haha, I don't think this would ever work in our side of the world.

·
Registered
272 Posts
CQB said:
Armalite SEBR? Looks awesome. How would I get one?
Can't anymore unless you find a used one on the market. It was a special edition thing from AR15.com.

They do have another one comming up, but it's a SP1 I think. The SEBR deal's gotten really ugly due to the "dealer" taking everybodys money & not sending it on to ArmaLite. AR15.com's going to be setting things up with a different dealer & one that has a established track record.

·
Registered
7 Posts
id go with the scorpion if i could afford it... but i use a nady. it has some good features and its relativly cheap. beings though u live in an apartment it has a pager so if ur inside youll hear it going off ( and have time to get ur gun :twisted: ) when i lived in my apt, i had kids try to sit on it or mess with it and the pager and alarm would go off and id go hollar at them. so i think that if ur in an apt id get somethink w/ the alram and get a kryptonite disc barke lock.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=6104&catalogId=10111&langId=-1&storeId=10101

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/accessories-security-disk-locks-table.htm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well the inevitable had happen. someone try to steal my bike last night. Luckily the kryptonite lock stopped them
. I took further measures today and went to my apartment's office and leased a garage and dropped my carport. I'm lucky these thieving bastards weren't to persistant. these ******* better be glad I did not hear them. They would have saw the end of one of these while the police arrived. To bad we dont have have laws like Texas does. Anyone trying to steal your vehicles, you can shoot them dead on the spot. Sorry for ranting I'm just a little pee'd off.:evil:

·
Registered
7 Posts
your lucky they didnt get it.... when someone tried to take mine, i was away for the weekend and they couldnt start it. who ever the the F**ker was ,smashed my fairing up alil broke the ignition and igniton lock and broke my turn signal, but good thing for full coverage insurance cuz they totaled the bike paid bout 80 percent of it counting the buy back and now i basicly got it for free :D :D . So i hope u made out better and hopefuly no damage.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is a good one. The company "A-bus" has this product. You just spray it and your bike will "be rusty". They sell cleaning spray too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sorry to hear that! :shock:
Glad it turned out OK.
Put a Scorpio alarm on mine last weekend, feel better about it already!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SECURITY

Even if you have the Kritonyte cable tossing a pair of Masterlock locks on the front and back through the rotors and then run your Krytonite cable, with a Scorpio alarm you would have a great system. Finding a garage or a protected area for out of the weather would be great...not to get you into lots of trouble but perhaps you could get a lower floor apartment and roll it in/out of the apartment on rugs, still locking it up...

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is nothing to explain more. It's a spray can. You just spray it on your bike and bike will get fake rust. I don't think somebudy will steal bike it looks like that one. Than you should spray a cleaning spray to clean it. That's it.
If somebody wants to steal your bike, you cannot stop him. You can stop somebody who wants to "borow"it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also put a Scorpio SR-i500 alarm on mine. It's the 2 way paging system with about a .5 mile range. The thing works great and has so many features I can't remember them all. The system has a perimeter sensor, back up battery, and anti-hijack option. I got all the options including a plug and play harness. The anti-hijack option does require splicing into a wire you select in the ignition system. Personally if you don't get the anti-hijack option, you're only getting half the alarm. The anti-hijack option allows you to shut off the bike if you get "bike jacked." Also with the anti-hijack option, the alarm can disable the ignition system if it goes off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I really don't think that the rust in a can thing will work since thieves work at night and don't pay attention to little details in the dark. Anyways my scorpio alarm is on order and will be here shortly. Anyone that has this alarm installed know the level of difficulty? I know about the plug and play harness, but just was wondering the technicals of it. Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
EpicOneX said:
I really don't think that the rust in a can thing will work since thieves work at night and don't pay attention to little details in the dark. Anyways my scorpio alarm is on order and will be here shortly. Anyone that has this alarm installed know the level of difficulty? I know about the plug and play harness, but just was wondering the technicals of it. Thanks in advance. :D
I assume you have a ZX6 from your avitar. The install of the Scorpio in my ZX10 should be pretty similar to yours. Before you do any mounting, make sure you've planned how to route the wires and where the module(s) will sit in the bike. The main alarm module only has one wire coming off of it which is the positive power cable. You obviously wire that to the battery. The alarm has another couple of harnesses that plug into the unit. One harness is strictly to plug into the plug and play harness you've obtained. That plug and play harness plugs into the connections for your rear brake tail light and the turn signals. The instructions weren't clear about this but it doesn't matter which turn signal wire you use for the L/R turn signal connectors. Just make sure the you plug both connectors for the one side turn signals into the same plug and play turn signal jumper. It will be obvious once you get the plug and play harness in front of you. The other harness that is included in the alarm is for the perimeter sensor and the anti-hijack module. If you did not get any of these options, just leave the connector cap over the alarm harness plug. The alarm comes with wire ties and velcro to secure stuff. That's why I said to pre-plan how you're gonna run the wires and place the module(s). Because at this point it's just a manner of just securing stuff and cleaning up all the loose wires. Once you apply power to the alarm, you'll get a chirp. At this point, you can now check the function of the remote to see if the alarm responds to it. If the alarm doesn't respond to your remote, the instructions detail how to reprogram the alarm to work with your remote. That's about it. Not too hard.

NOTE: All I've said is in reference to the SR-i500 alarm. I can only assume the i300 alarm installs in much the same way.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They did not have a plug & play harness for mine, it still took me less then an hour to install it, most of that was as ZX-10 said, figuring out where to put it under the seat that nothing would get in the way. Will send you some pics if you want of how I did mine. It was very easy.

Joe

21 - 38 of 38 Posts