Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had my Mean Streak since May this year.
I don;t know many people with bikes, and I am looking for some riders.

I see many groups of bikes riding around on the weekends.. is anyone here a part of that?

Who do I call? Where do i find them?

Anyone local wanna ride?

-Ryan

·
Registered
570 Posts
Vulcan 2000 in Bartlett

I live in Bartlett and have a V2000.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you seen the swarm of riders going North on Route 59 on Sundays?

Where are they going??

Do you go one weekend cruises?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've seen the many bikes on 59, but I don't know where they're going. Almost all of my cruising so far has been solo, with a lot of that being the break-in miles. I've done some rides with friends in their Goldwing club.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys. Most likely the bikers going north on 59 were headed to either Penny Road Pub or the Broken Oar. I went to the Broken Oar so many times with my riding buddies over the summer that we started calling it the Broken Record. It's an indoor/outdoor bar and marina right on the Fox river in Cary. On Sundays during the summer they have bands outside and cookouts. There's usually a vendor or two also. It's a great ride straight down Route 31. On the weekends there are usually a few hundred bikes of all makes and models, including customs. If you haven't been there you really should check it out. It can be quite a spectacle and the people are generally cool, no attitudes and the place is really laid back. Maybe we could plan a ride there this summer.
http://www.brokenoar.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello, I noticed that this trhead is kind of old let's see if I get a respond, I live in Lombard, if you want to get together for a ride let me know :)

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
Hey all,

Just now saw this thread. I live in Plainfield about 2 miles West of Rt 59. I'd be interested in doing some group rides this summer too.

Let me know.
Scott

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey gang, riding season is here. Let's go and ride together, if interest send me a message.

Ride Safe
Raff

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
Raff,

I've got to remember to keep checking this thread. If I don't respond within a day or so of a post, be sure to PM me (as you have already figured out) in the future too.

Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts