Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

any good seller for saddle bag? 800A

663 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NCDave 
#1 ·
Do you know any good saddle bag seller for 800A?
What I have now is kind of small, and I wish to upgrade it...
Thanks!

#2 ·
What do you currently have on your bike?

I put Willie & Max's SB701 (along with Cobra saddlebag supports) on my 800A:

The capacity isn't too bad (14" wide x 12" high x 5.5" deep). At 14" long I didn't need to relocate the turn signals and the passenger pegs are quite accessible. The right side one does ride within about 3/4" of the exhaust pipe, which is kinda close. They have quick release buckles on the closures and the bags are zip-off.

#3 ·
What do you currently have on your bike?

I put Willie & Max's SB701 (along with Cobra saddlebag supports) on my 800A:

The capacity isn't too bad (14" wide x 12" high x 5.5" deep). At 14" long I didn't need to relocate the turn signals and the passenger pegs are quite accessible. The right side one does ride within about 3/4" of the exhaust pipe, which is kinda close. They have quick release buckles on the closures and the bags are zip-off.
Is it like throw-over style? Do you put them on top of the rear seat?

#5 ·
Is it like throw-over style? Do you put them on top of the rear seat?
There's a two piece, lace adjustable yoke that connects the two zip-off bags. I put the yoke under my seat, but I needed to add some holes to the yoke halves so I could reduce the space between the bags.

I'm pretty happy with them, although I wish they were 6.5" deep rather than 5.5"; that extra inch would help with a lot of items.

#6 ·
There's a two piece, lace adjustable yoke that connects the two zip-off bags. I put the yoke under my seat, but I needed to add some holes to the yoke halves so I could reduce the space between the bags.

I'm pretty happy with them, although I wish they were 6.5" deep rather than 5.5"; that extra inch would help with a lot of items.
I have a small one from Tour Master, and had them under the seat originally. After a few months, I found that the dust between the yoke and fender scratched the paint job. Since then I had the yoke over the seat. I ride solo, so no person to complain about the yoke under the butt...
What I have now serves well, but just little small, 12 by 9 by 6. Good enough to hold just some bunge cords, gloves, flash lights and so on...

#7 ·
When I got my 800 it already had the Kawasaki backrest mounted, and since its mounting plates had cutouts for the turn signals, I hated to spoil the looks of that by relocating the signals. That doesn't leave a lot of room to work with if you want to keep the passenger pegs accessible. Of the bags I could find locally, this size W & M gave me about the most cubic inches i could fit in the existing space....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.