Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to riding and i got a good deal on a Zx6R, Im just wondering if there were and critical issues this year had that i should know about. The dude also removed the air induct tubes, he claims it doesn't really make a difference on the performance of the engine, he gave me the tubes to re-attach, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Welcome!
I'd replace the air intake tubes personally, if the engineers thought they make a difference, then they do. guaranteed. those engineers dont make the big bucks to slap junk together and say its a motorcycle.

other than that, the 01 ZX6R is a great bike from what I understand. enjoy it and ride safe.

EDIT, which bay area are you in? tampa or california? I'm in the tampa area.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
ah. still a fair length of riding time each year(12 months of the year I think)

just so ya know though, the 01 ZX6R and the newer ZZR, are the same basic bike, in terms of bodywork and such which makes finding replacement, or better looking fairings much easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kool, thanks for the info. The guy who i bought the bike from had to replace all the fairings since the bike got scraped from a drop (salvage), all the fairings were originally green but he painted them white, as soon as i saw the bike i was sold, dunno why but i love white kawasaki's, that and no one else has it, plus the 636 tail transfer with the B/W color scheme is bad ***.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone. im tryin to sync the carbs. on my 01 zx6r. i need to calibrate my motion pro tool but i dnt knw what carburetor is the master to do this. does anyone knw what carb is the master on a 01 zx6r?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts