Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
God mode: [on] off
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a very short rider. im barely reaching the ground when i sit on the 08 or 09 650r. the guy at the store was telling me that the way the front is designed you cant lower the front and doesnt see how you can lower the back b/c of the way the spring is made sideways n apart of the frame w.e. on the bike. Has anyone actually lowered both front and back on this bike? if so- by how much and what product did you use?

motospecialties.com/store.asp?store=ninja650shop&level=type1&type=06-08 650R&type1=Lowering Links

i found this but its the only thing ive found that says a 2.5 drop. any opinions?

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
These SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO will lower your bike 1 1/2". I know one guy who used them and was very happy he got them. Good luck!

FWIW, I tend not to put much stock in what "the guy at the store" says. Most are salesmen who do not have brand/model specific information. I'm just sayin'...

·
God mode: [on] off
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO will lower your bike 1 1/2". I know one guy who used them and was very happy he got them. Good luck!

FWIW, I tend not to put much stock in what "the guy at the store" says. Most are salesmen who do not have brand/model specific information. I'm just sayin'...
yea but i need atleast 2 in drop plus shaved seat. the 1.5 is just the back though, correct?

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Correct, the links do just the back. Well then, look here to see what one lady did to lower both the front and rear of hers. It's been a long time but IIRC, you can't drop the rear as much as you say you need b/c even with the stock rear shock set as tense as it will go, the frame will hit on even the most minor of bumps. Unless you also buy a much thinner shock, about 1.5" is all you'll be able to lower it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts