Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i did a wheelie on an accident. i was trying to race my friends honda crx i didnt think the little ex250 would stand up like that. i was almost left standing in the intersection without a bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You managed to wheelie the EX250?! Wow, you must tell me how the hell you did that!!

Did you use the clucth, or just pull back a little too much?

·
Registered
88 Posts
ZX-6RR Ninja said:
You managed to wheelie the EX250?! Wow, you must tell me how the hell you did that!!

Did you use the clucth, or just pull back a little too much?
'

I wheelied my girlfriends EX250 by getting it to just about redline and droped the clutch...it only pulled up about 2.5 feet but hey I got it up... they are not the easiest things inthe wprld to get up but I had fun trying...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think i'll ever have the balls to do any of that! The jumping (literally) onto handlebars and spinning scares the hell out of me even to watch. :shock:

·
Registered
191 Posts
you can wheelie an ex250. I wheelied a nighthawk 250 and i imagine it cant be any harder. I do some of the stuff on that vid but only if i know i can. I dont ski behind/beside the bike or ride on the tank. i think its dumb(except when gary rothwell does it:)). Alot of those guys have good control of their bikes. but some of them, well you can see from the vid. One of the things i love to do is spin the tire coming out of a turn and steering with the rear, uponone does have a ton of great videos. If you ever come across a christian pfiefer vid watch it. there are some on www.einefetza.com he is a factory sponsored ducati stunt rider and I dont care how much they pay him, but its not enough.:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
shift1313 said:
If you ever come across a christian pfiefer vid watch it. there are some on www.einefetza.com he is a factory sponsored ducati stunt rider and I dont care how much they pay him, but its not enough.:)
Yes he is so sick on that Ducati!!! Have you seen the Video when he uses the Ducati then a dirt bike and then this motorized Unicylce... He is hands down one of the best stuntas out there....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SPORT BIKES

Sport bikes are not made for stunts unless they have been modified. Pulling a wheelie with any sport bike is plain STUPID! It's my Forum too, and it IS stupid. The Ducati is not stock, even the racing bikes are not stock...will you guys have to get jurt or die before you learn this? This is just a sick topic...It's going to be the reason that we go to a tiered license...just mess it up...someone else will pay the price.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
You guy's ever heard/seen trials riders.

Now that's bike control !.

And no danger to anybody but themselves.

Skill rather than lack of good sense is how the winners are determined.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: SPORT BIKES

ZX-2R said:
Sport bikes are not made for stunts unless they have been modified. Pulling a wheelie with any sport bike is plain STUPID! It's my Forum too, and it IS stupid. The Ducati is not stock, even the racing bikes are not stock...will you guys have to get jurt or die before you learn this? This is just a sick topic...It's going to be the reason that we go to a tiered license...just mess it up...someone else will pay the price.

You say this is your forum and I respect that so I will walk on thin ice when I say what I have to say because I do not mean any disrespect to you or you board... That being said, I love to ride and I love to stunt... Now anyone that thinks that the bikes that the stunters are riding are not modified need to have there heads checked.. I think your remark is going out to the same MORONS that think they can watch the movie Torque which sucked BTW, and can go and buy a bike and do the things that these people are doing... Now thats just insane... Christian Pfiefer is a professional and he gets paid to do the things that he does... Yes there are "KIDS" out there stupid enough to try these things and get hurt but thats there own fault.. When me and my boyz stunt we go to t parking lot where we can hurt no one but ourselves...

Now to say that pulling a wheelie on a sport bike is stupid is making a huge statement... How about saying pulling a wheelie on a busy highway or a city street is stupid... People make a living doing this and just because you do not think that it is a good thing for people to do does not mean its stupid.. Again I stress that fact that some people get retarted with stunting and do it on all the wrong roads giving all of us a bad name, and maybe thats why you feel the way you do.. Am I wrong???

Please I want to know why you feel the way you do....

·
Registered
319 Posts
I watched a guy ride a wheelie, on the expressway, STARTING at about 70mph (that is how fast I was going when he started right next to me). I have no idea how fast he ended it at, but he rode it out for at least 5 seconds. I would say closer to 10. Oh and this was about 8:00pm on I-290 with a whole line of cars behind him and his posse (who blocked traffic to build him up the room to make his run, one them cut me off when I tried to pass)

How does that qualify?

And yes, he obviously had excellent control of his bike. But when he goes down, you think he is just going to hurt himself? Envision one of those 30 car pile-ups you only see on TV.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
well, i doubt a 30 car pile up, but ya the guys on the street are not very safe, but still skilled. Torque SUCKED! man they lied about the Y2k, He was riding a GSV-R! It's a friggin GP bike for cryin out loud! the slang accents was terrible. Except when he siad " I know where susuhi comes from nigga!" I laughed my *buttocks* off.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Wheelies

Some people just don't get the modified part of stunting...they think because they see it they should try it because it looks like fun...they have no clue at how to modify their bike..."you mean you have to modify the bike? How do you do that, Can I do it at home?" The member that took his Girlfriends bike out, a Ninja 250R and redlined it to pull a 2 1/2' wheelie...is when I had to make my remark about being DUMB and STUPID. If he wants to play stuntman and wants to learn, first thing is get our own bike, preferably a dual-sport or a dirt bike they are made for some rough stuff...I think stuntin is perfectly legitamate IF you have your bike modified for the particular stunt, or your bike is a dirtbike and you are trying to learn how to stunt...I also think that there should be Medical attention present , or someone like an off duty EMT and or a Cell Phone for Emergencies...Acccients do happen.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The guy I saw on the expressway clearly knew what he was doing. When he came down from the wheelie, it was extremely smooth (at least from my distance it looked smooth)

But like you said, accidents do happen, and it is ignorant of him to do something like this with traffic behind him. If he does go down, the immediate reaction of traffic is to slam on the brakes (and probably run him over anyway) and that is how pileups occur. Especially here in Chicago with 8 out of every 10 drivers on the phone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Wheelies

ZX-2R said:
The member that took his Girlfriends bike out, a Ninja 250R and redlined it to pull a 2 1/2' wheelie...is when I had to make my remark about being DUMB and STUPID. If he wants to play stuntman and wants to learn, first thing is get our own bike.
If I want to pull wheelies on my girlfriends 250 in a parking lot thats my business.. As a matter of fact I do own my own bike a ZX9R and I stunt with that too, is that a problem??? Whats your problem with stunters??? Do you think we give all riders a bad name or something?? Explain to me this, whats the difference in going around a 40mph corner doing 100mph scraping a knee or pulling a wheelie on the highway??? Please do not tell me that you have never broken the speed limit going around some twisties... You are putting yourself and others in just as much danger as we are... Again I do both I ride my same ZX9R around some serious twisties, then I will go out and pull some sick ass wheelies either on the street or in a parking lot... I think both are just as dangerous...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
oh, chicago. I've been there, yes 30 car pile up, in chicago :). Anyway, ZX-2R really doesn't have a problem with stunters. Its just that some kids thnk they can pull a wheelie, even when they know they suck at it. You on the other hand seem pretty skilled, and your ZX-9R is pretty nicly moded from what i saw in the pic. ZX-2r doesn't have a problem with you, he is talking about other riders, becuase it seems your skilled. the 250 thing was kinda iffy. I mean its her bike, what happens if you destroy the clutch? :shock: Anyway, I'm all for stunting in a safe area, but I'll prolly never have the balls to try it. :oops: Anyway, safe riding.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes I do know what you are talking about when you say all these idiots trying to do these stunts on the highway or city streets because I was and sometimes still am one of them... Yes I like to show off everyonce in a while but, yes I do know what I am doing most of the time.. lol When these "KIDS" try these stunts on the street and crash yes they ruin it for all of us.. See here in NY when we are not out in a parking lot we are out late night like midnight to 2-3 in the morning on a bridge thats about 1 miles long, where there are no cars or people... We usually get 50 people out and probally only 1/5 of the people stunt the other people just come for the show...

Well on the subject of the 250 it ws kinda funny because she bet me that I could not wheelie it so I was forced to show her that I could... Not the brightest idea and yes I could of killed her clutch but, I did not and everything was fine on her bike... I REPEAT I DO NOT PROMOTE WHEELING A 250!!!!! It was just for shits and giggles and I guess to see if I could do it...

I am glad to hear that you are not agains stuntin because I think that it is becoming a big part of the motorcycle community... I also think that you will see it in future X Games.... Just my 2 Cents

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Stunting

Stunting is ok in my book as long as the bike and rider are properly set up properly. Cycle's SPORTBIKE 2004, Page 30 From Extreme Street to Main Street-by Kieth Reed Stunt riders find safe haven in organized competition. It's worth everyone interested in stunting to find and purchase the magazine just for this, and rad it in complete detail! I don't think people on stock street bikes should attempt stunts. Yes I have been way over the speed limit, mostly on the race track though. I have also done it on the road, but we used people along the way/route to warn us of any approaching traffic, and we all rode in the same direction...should we have an oncoming vehicle the bike at the end of the course would be coming at us and we shut down to the proper speed limits immediately. As it turned out he was also a Medic (Hospitalman) in the Navy from the same base that we were from, in Newport, R.I. If your bike is set up right, I have no problems at all. The moment some yahoo passes me on the Interstate doing in excess of 100MPH I call ahead to the DOT Weight station...their radar is on but ther isn't always someone setting in the Highway Patrol car...but there is when someone has called ahead. I didn't know about their radar till I was recorded at 142MPH...and my KHP buddy that drives an unmarked Turbocharged Camaro, asked me about a silver Camaro with blue stripes... My buddy said, gee, that sounds like yours...(great?) He said it's a good thing that we weren't in our car when that someone passed the station that fast...then he added I didn't know your car could go that fast! I shrugged, and told him gee, I don't know that it would...good thing there wasn't any other traffic on the road when I was stretching my leg and foot... So yes I've done autocross, and had Z-rated tires on it. I changed the tires to Big O dual rain groove tires, and I haven't had it over 75 in the last 3 years. No sense getting a speeding ticket at 48. Now I'm 51, and I'm only interested in riding a Ninja 250R. I have Failed Back Syndrome, since the surgery an dhave no more feeling in my feet and legs...LOTS of pain in my lower back. The Dr. agrees that a sportsbike bent ver forward would be great physical therapy, but he won't write a precription...I want to ride before I end up in the wheelchair. Riding will prolong that time...Then IF I can afford it I'll have to figure out a way to get a trike (I'm not much for sidecars), ballhitch and a small trailer for my electric 3 wheel scooter.

MY BIG THING WITH STUNTIN' is that SAFETY COMES FIRST! Know the stunt, Practice the stunt...but have your bike properly braced or prepaired before trying these things...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts