Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there aren't many Concours posts in this forum. Are there any other Concours 14 riders here?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm sure you know that there are at least two forums that deal with the concours only. That's where they are I would guess.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you know that there are at least two forums that deal with the concours only. That's where they are I would guess.
I've found the COG forum, which is fairly active. The other Concours forums seem to be almost dead -- am I missing another active one? Having owned a few different Kawasaki bikes now, I kind of like the idea of visiting this forum more.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Those were the two I joined when I had my 2004 Concours and both were fairly active then back in the 2011/12 time frame.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a few hours since getting back from a nice overnight trip with my son visiting friends about 130 miles away. My son was wanting to take a trip on the bike before winter gets here. Good times!

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts
Just a few hours since getting back from a nice overnight trip with my son visiting friends about 130 miles away. My son was wanting to take a trip on the bike before winter gets here. Good times!
From where to where? Even here in the Sunny South winter is beginning to show his ugly head. I'm seriously thinking of just putting the bike in the shed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From where to where? Even here in the Sunny South winter is beginning to show his ugly head. I'm seriously thinking of just putting the bike in the shed.
Knoxville to McMinnville, Tennessee, with a bit of a detour. Left Saturday afternoon and came back Sunday afternoon, so that we could ride both ways in the mid-50s. Both mornings were near freezing. I'll ride into the mid-30s for relatively short distances (including commuting) but cold gets to me too much to ride long distances in the cold. Even in the 50s, to me heated grips make a pretty big difference in comfort.

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts
I have a 2015 Connie, getting ready to do a 1000 mi one day ride.
I have an older model FJR, an '07 with nearly 125K miles. The Connie is often blacklisted simply b/c it has no cruise control, how have you overcome this? I have 2 different throttle locks installed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an older model FJR, an '07 with nearly 125K miles. The Connie is often blacklisted simply b/c it has no cruise control, how have you overcome this? I have 2 different throttle locks installed.
It does not bother me, I also have a 1997 Vulcan 800 Classic. I have driven it all across the USA 500 to 700 mile days, took me years to breakdown and get a shorty windshield for her. I just like riding, on my Connie I normally ride with the windshield down unless its cold or raining. I do have an O-Ring that I can roll into the crack between my throttle and housing if my hand gets tired, but I rarely use that. Cost $1.25.:mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts