Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for samples of other's bikes with different pipe setups. My stockers are looking really bad, as if a plastic bag has melted on. I dont want to sand them down and lose any heat coating they might have. I don't really want to make this any louder, so perhaps something smooth and quiet would be nice. Any examples out there?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
MUFFLERS

IF they are not scratched up then get a heat shrink gun from a hobby shop (used on model aircraft to shrink Monocoat, or fabric on the woden wings) and it will literally melt the plastic off. POR-15 (www.por15.com) has some great stuff too for polishing, tinting or even painting your exhaust systems, and you could even go to a sports rider magazine and order covers in Titanium, aluminum, stainless steel or carbon-fiber if you want to. They have header paint that would be perfect even metal mask... You could too, just go to one of the salvage yards and measure the pipe and find one that will replace yours. Mine has a Muzzy pipe on it, and I'm told that it will be noisy, so out her on teh country roads I can wind it out and when I'm in the real city I'll have to dog it to keep the db's down to a minimum. In the old days we used to just wrap stainless steel screen and install it. Getting it out is not a problem you just hook it an drotate your hook to tighten it as you pull slightly on it and it would slide right out. We used the screen on my 175 Kawasaki 2 stroke and then had to use it on a buddies Harley to get it to pass their db sound test (someting like 20ft). Anyway, that salvage yard would be a great place to get a decent pipe, perhaps a complete system, and maybe even hear it before you bought it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts