Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my pipes and lowering kit in the mail... a cool 2 and a half weeks after I placed the order. And now I realize I need exhaust gaskets so I gotta wait an extra week for that. I have searched all over this and other forums and can't find any write ups with tool/part details. So my question is for a VN900 custom, to replace stock exhaust and put on the Scootworks (LA Choppers shipped) lowering kit, do I need any parts besides the gaskets I am ordering as we speak. I guess most of you guys know about these things from experience, but this is all new to me so I don't know jack, I just assumed when it said it came with all parts needed that it meant ALL parts. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll post some pics of what I got.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I never lowered my bike so I can't help you there but you should be able to get exhaust gaskets from the dealer and not have to wait two weeks.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I'm still waiting on my lowering kit, should be here in a few days, so i've got no help for you on that. As far as the pipes, just standard tools (wrench and socket set).

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
I was able to reuse my gaskets with no problems now 2 years after the install. I lowered mine with only 60 miles on the bike so that may have helped the gasket situation. I believe HD dealers have the crush gaskets for about $2 if a KAW dealer isn't nearby.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help fellas, I ordered the gaskets and the service manual from Kawasaki last night. Should be here by this weekend. I wanna do all the mods this weekend, Blessing of the Bikes is the following Saturday at Starved Rock, IL.

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Blessing of the Bikes is the following Saturday at Starved Rock, IL.
Please PM me some info about this event - or post here if you if you don't mind hijacking your own thread. I may be available to make this ride.

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
I bet there won't be any 'unspoken' cuss words before you're finished with the lowering kit. Have a breaker bar ready I'm thinking.
The exhaust is a snap. Get some anti-seize lubricant for the pipes and bolts. It'll really help putting everything together.
Good luck.

Well I finally got my pipes and lowering kit in the mail... a cool 2 and a half weeks after I placed the order. And now I realize I need exhaust gaskets so I gotta wait an extra week for that. I have searched all over this and other forums and can't find any write ups with tool/part details. So my question is for a VN900 custom, to replace stock exhaust and put on the Scootworks (LA Choppers shipped) lowering kit, do I need any parts besides the gaskets I am ordering as we speak. I guess most of you guys know about these things from experience, but this is all new to me so I don't know jack, I just assumed when it said it came with all parts needed that it meant ALL parts. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll post some pics of what I got.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts