Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2008 ZX-10R
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my z750s new in July of 2006 and I have loved it. It seems to be the perfect cross between the everyday rider and will match any 600 class sportbike out there on a weekend backroad ride. The only complaint I really have is mirror vibration. I would like to hear what you guys and ladies think. I must admit I do have my eye on the 08 zx10 not sure I need all that bike but sure is a sweet ride.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
I purchased my z750s new in July of 2006 and I have loved it. It seems to be the perfect cross between the everyday rider and will match any 600 class sportbike out there on a weekend backroad ride. The only complaint I really have is mirror vibration. I would like to hear what you guys and ladies think. I must admit I do have my eye on the 08 zx10 not sure I need all that bike but sure is a sweet ride.
Lynn everyone will tell you that you do not need that power...Well, once you get it, you will realize you did get that power...There is a huge difference in riding street with a 1000...Easier on shifting, better acceleration, smother power delivery...The only drawback is handling which after time can be overcome...I am happy I did not get another 600. I can definitely say this because I went through it. Get a 1000 and see if you can keep both.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I wanted a 750S so badly, especially when I saw the '07 re-vamp. If I could only express how p!ssed I was when I found out that Kawi decided to not send any over to the US. You're right, that bike is perfect in so many ways...a mid-sized in-line 4 with a useful power curve--unlike the FZ6 or FZ1; what's the point of having a "street bike" that reaches peak hp above 10k on the tach? Those Europeans are fortunate in that regard. Well, I can't really complain anymore because I ended up getting a Z1000 (maybe Kawi didn't send the 750's over because they knew that the people here in the forum would convince me to get the Z1 and Kawi would be able to make a couple grand more from me ;) ).

If the ZX10-R's 156 hp at-the-rear isn't floating your boat, consider the Z1000. The Z1 has about 125 hp @ 10k at-the-rear with about 70 ft/lb of torque @ 8k. The absence of the front fairing will be an adjustment but it took me all of about 10 seconds to get used to it. I thought that I would never be able to ride a "street fighter" type bike because I was convinced that I had to have the wind protection of a front fairing. How's the power/torque on the 750S? I got the front end up about a foot by accident in second gear one time...I admit that I was rev'ing high so that a dumb beyotch who made a right turn in front of me at an intersection after the light turned green for me could hear me but I didn't dump the clutch...the bike just has that much power--but it's very controllable. I was worried about the power delivery coming from my little 500R but it turned out that my worries were unfounded.

About the mirrors: I can't say much other than my 500R had a bad vibration around 4 to 5k on the tach. I think it's because of the way that they're mounted on to the top fairing bracket. The new Z750s mirrors are handle bar mounted like the Z1 which reduces that problem at the cost of bringing the mirrors so far back that all they do is give you a great view of your elbows. That's something that I'm still adjusting to: not being able to see directly behind me the way that I was able to on the 500R.

I looked it up but the sight that lists the bike's specs didn't state if the'06 Z750S is FI, is it?

·
2008 ZX-10R
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The z750s has got to be one of the most predictable bikes you will ever ride. It gives you a happy medium between the cruisers we all love and the sportbikes that the cruiser guys are still learning to love. It's a very comfortable bike (still have to squeeze the tank) The power and torque seem to shine between 5 and 10k in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear. Pulls out of the conner real well. I did updgrade to a 46 (38 stock) tooth rear sprocket and a better chain for my bottom end thrills ....( wheelies and leaving that 600 confused )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts