Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my 1600 Classic but hate the drape over the fender leather bags. The bags came with the bike and want to change them for hard bags. I would like to know what you added to your Classic and if possible see a pic.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'm also considering switching to hard bags - let's see if someone helps us out here! I've just started looking around. I'm getting ready to park the bike for the winter and I'll pick this up right away in spring.

I've currently got large River Road bags on the bike and they are permanently mounted with the Fire and Steel bag supports - so they are quite sturdy. I'm thinking of switching to the XL bags this spring if I don't find some hard bags. Not sure how those will fit until I have them here - a bit concerned that they will fit between the rear turn signal and the read shock.

I may have to experiment with new bag mounts.

Below is a link to some new Mustang bags - hard bags, but covered - interesting, but they are huge - 26" long I believe.

Covered Hard Saddlebags : Mustang Motorcycle Products, Inc., What a Difference Comfort Makes!

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I had these on my Vulcan 1600 Classic and really liked them. They look like leather bags, but they are actually hard bags:

LeatherLyke Cross Country Saddlebags for Vulcan 1600

Tsukayu makes these hard bags for the VN1600 Classic:

Tsukayu Patrol Hardbags for Kawasaki Vulcan ClassicVN1600
Tsukayu Strong Hardbags for Kawasaki Vulcan ClassicVN1600
Tsukayu Coner Hardbags for Kawasaki Vulcan ClassicVN1600

This company has a good assortment of reasonably priced hard bags (scroll down on the page to see the hard bags):

Invicta Motorsports

·
Freshman
628 Posts
I'm looking into the Tsukayu Strong Hardbags for my 1600. I think those are the best looking hardbags available for the 1600.

Would be interested in seeing some pictures if anyone already has them on their 1600.

MD

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought these off ebay for my 1500 as I to wanted to get rid of my throw over bags. Picked up the mounts also from the same guy.
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180423423720&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.