Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a bicycle? In addition to riding the my motorcycle I am also an avid cyclist. So the other day I picked up the Vulcan from the dealer's, and while there I saw this guy on a sports bike who was also waiting. Later that day I got home, switched from leathers to spandex, and went for a ride on my road bike. So I was on this straight away and coming from the other direction I saw a guy on a motorcycle who looked like the young dude at the shop. So I couldn't help myself and gave him the salute. He seemed a little startled but saluted back. I thought that was pretty cool of him. :-D

·
Super Moderator
10,776 Posts
i havent... but I have waved at A LOT of scooters because they all look like crotch rockets.
No bicyclers waving, but I like waving at scooters. For 2 reasons. 1st I think they're on 2 wheels just like me and can get squished just as easily as I can. And 2nd it confuses them at first, which is kinda humorous, but after they get used to it it seems to make their day.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Pull up behind a few of them, crack the throttle, and slowly speed up..............they'll run for you......:biggrin:
hahahaha back in orlando I was on a ABC poker run, I Had an R6 with the D&D exhaust, obnoxiously loud... we were going around a curve and a bicyclist was on the grassy area, I came by him and let my pipes rip, he fell over, I almost felt bad...

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Anytime I see a bicycle out in the hills they get a salute.

·
Super Moderator
10,776 Posts
hahahaha back in orlando I was on a ABC poker run....
Wait a minute, let's back up here. How does an ABC poker run work? Do you, like, ride to an ABC store, draw a card, have a shot, then on to the next one? Just curious....:D :D

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Wait a minute, let's back up here. How does an ABC poker run work? Do you, like, ride to an ABC store, draw a card, have a shot, then on to the next one? Just curious....:D :D
lol, no its Associated Builders & Contractors association...but your deal sounds better

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
lol, no its Associated Builders & Contractors association...but your deal sounds better
So you have a bunch of guys in white hardhats stand around and watch one guy in an orange hardhat ride? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
So you have a bunch of guys in white hardhats stand around and watch one guy in an orange hardhat ride? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahahaah...hey we're not city workers.....

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Anytime I see a bicycle out in the hills they get a salute.
I have actually had *them* wave to me first! but it only seems to happen when out on the county roads, never in town. of course, I always wave back.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
ohhh and I only wave to the ones that are females..... but not limited to bicycles...jogging walking... gardening...hahhaha

·
Registered
212 Posts
I get waves from bikes all the time. I don't have a bicycle (it would be a cliché in China) but I get waves walking, while in a taxi.

But I do stand out, and I have been on the news a few times with my motorcycle. Once for a charity ride and once when the police recovered it after it was stolen.

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
we got rid of our pedal bikes a few years ago.
I was riding in a group last weekend, behind a trike with a co-rider who waved at everyone, bicycles included. She got a wave back from one. Most bicyclists I see around here aren't looking around. They're looking down, right in front of their front wheel.

I haven't worn spandex since the 80's, but have wondered how to put padding in my leathers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts