Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K-Kare Wipe Down????

It's Kawasaki's waterless bike cleaner & I was wondering if anybody's ever tried it & how it compared to the other waterless cleaners o the market.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody's used this product????????????

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well schucks :? :?

I've got a can of it sitting right next to me. Figgured I'd go ahead & try it even if it's $4.50 a can :shock:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i've never used any of kawi's cleaners or polish
never had anyone say they were better than what i use :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer here sells the crap out of it & it's all they use to detail the showroom bikes. Ain't tried it yet, but after talking to a couple guys who have used it they both said it's better than the Meguries product.

Just washed the bike yesterday & I'm sure I'll get a chance to use it rather soon :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use it and love it. I use the Honda Cleaner and Polish for polishing and the Kawi between cleanings. It is an excellent wipe down product. It works good on wheels as well as paint. I think it gives off a better sparkle to the finish than most of the wipe down detailing products. A lot of us here in the FL Panhandle us it to keep the Lovebugs cleaned off. It is also good to spray on the front of the car/truck during lovebug season, makes them a lot easier to clean off. A lot of people over around Panama City FL buy it and don't even have a bike. I've put 32K on my 01 Nomad and the only time it gets a water bath is after being caught out in the rain, then I give it a water wash down. My 04 MS (6K) has never had a water bath. I use waterless cleaners because I think they give a better finish. That and about 4 - 5 coats of good wax.

John, Pensacola FL

·
Registered
64 Posts
I worked at a Kawasaki shop for awhile. That's all we used on the showroom bikes. I havn't used it on my bike at home, but that's because lemon scented pledge is cheaper. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
siasmaster said:
I worked at a Kawasaki shop for awhile. That's all we used on the showroom bikes. I havn't used it on my bike at home, but that's because lemon scented pledge is cheaper. :)
Pledge?? Really?

Hmm... guess I'll have to give that a try someday. Although the thought of making my bike smell like lemons is a bit unusual...

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
I've got a can of the K-care. Its ok but the pledge is better by far. Pledge comes in other scents than lemon. I recomend using anything other than the lemon. Lemon scent draws bees an lots of em. My wife got some that I think was Spring scent and it works great applied with a microfiber cloth.
Pledge also has a Stainless steel cleaner that I've been using the same way to get dirt off the chrome. Its a whole lot cheaper than the K-Care and just as good if not better. I started using after reading about Pledge on this forum. Kind of easy to toss a can in one of the bags wrapped in the micro towel for touchups while on the road.
Ride 'em safe boys an girls. (Talk about ressurecting a dead thread,)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts