Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like something to keep my papers in, copy of my insurance, etc... maybe a tire repair kit. You know, small stuff.

The obvious connection place is on one of the front downtubes. However, there's this radiator in the way. As I look at the bracket, though, it might snake past the edge of it.

Anybody got one and any pics?

·
Line rider
326 Posts
Mount this in place of your license plate, then mount your plate to this.

Grifter license plate storage box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like something to keep my papers in, copy of my insurance, etc... maybe a tire repair kit. You know, small stuff.

The obvious connection place is on one of the front downtubes. However, there's this radiator in the way. As I look at the bracket, though, it might snake past the edge of it.

Anybody got one and any pics?

I simply put my registration and insurance card into a ziplock baggie and tuck it in behind my locking side cover. Cheap, convenient, and tamper-proof.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
I was just at a flea market and my buddy suggested I grab a couple of waterproof pill containers. That's what he uses to keep his insurance etc. in on his dirt bikes. They looked like these and only cost anywhere from $2 - $5 depending on size and whether they were plastic lined or not.

he just tapes them under his seat if he doesn't have any storage room.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Those might come in handy especially if they are waterproof. But personally I don't keep that stuff attached to the bike. I carry the bike papers in a waterproof bag kept in the inside pocket of my riding jacket, since I never ride without it.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The license box looks practical. Does the lock hold securely, doesn't spin on its own? I would have to go "up" on the V2K, if it fell open, it would dump all its contents out.

Some reviewers online have commented that the hinges seem wimpy. It's not gonna get much use, any problems you foresee?

I found a stash tube that's supposed to go behind the license plate, small diameter but might be useful. Watertight and the price is only $30. It's gonna be hard to get at, however, because the sissy-bar and rear-rack pretty much wrap around the license plate. This box wouldn't have that problem.

·
I'm Lost
160 Posts
i only have paper in mine. insurance card, some info about the bike, lojack registration etc... havent tried putting anything "heavy" in it. it came with a foam insert that i leave in it so there isnt ALOT of room. ive never had any problems with the lock(except when i thought i lost the key). the only problem ive had was the screw holes for the license plate were a little small so i had to push really hard and "carve" a bigger hole in the plastic with the screw. ill take some pictures tonight and try to show how it fits.

i would recommend it to anyone

love the avatar belrix

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I keep my registration and my insurance card in my wallet.....

·
Registered
237 Posts
My 01 Nomad was stolen... I had the regii in my wallet, the title in a locked box in my home state (10 month tour) had i had a lo jack that paper would have been gone... Hope you don't need it for lo jack tracking.

The theft was in may 06, and in Sept the bike was found with a illegal rider, no lic, but it had a metal tag from W.Va. So much good for a title huh?

These containers are good for other things though...

·
I'm Lost
160 Posts
the lojack paperwork in not needed to be searched for. the other paperwork in there are copies INCASE MY WALLET GOT STOLEN

lol more likely me forgetting it somewhere but incase i lose my wallet, i can still survive on a motorcycle for awhile

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My 01 Nomad was stolen... I had the regii in my wallet, the title in a locked box in my home state (10 month tour) had i had a lo jack that paper would have been gone... Hope you don't need it for lo jack tracking.

The theft was in may 06, and in Sept the bike was found with a illegal rider, no lic, but it had a metal tag from W.Va. So much good for a title huh?

These containers are good for other things though...
I was going to say that I keep all of my info. in my riding jacket. I don't like having info. with my home address and stuff on it in my vehicles in case it's ever stolen. Not to mention if they steal the bike or whatever while you are at work or away from home they'll know your home address and know you are not at home so your home might become a target for a b.e. as well. It happens all of the time.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Why not just put it in the toolbox under the seat?? Assuming you have a 900.

·
900 Classic
190 Posts
I put mine in a zip lock bag and place it under my tools in the place under the seat. Free.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts