Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I'm looking for someone that owns a ZZR600. I'd like to talk to ya about the bike, whether it'd make a good starter bike for someone that's my size (6'4 250 lbs) and some of the bike specs, etc. I'm thinking of getting one, and when i do, its going to be new. I don't want to buy one then have to sell it a year later cuz i've outgrown it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have a ZZR model but I do have an 02 ZX6 which is basically the same bike. They switched the naming from Ninja ZX6 to ZZR600 in 03 (in the US at least).

This is my first bike and although I don't have many miles on it (1500), it's been an awesome bike (it's basically a to/fro work bike which is about 8 miles total per day). I plan on doing some touring next year if I can get the time off.
I did a lot of various reading of comments from various owners. I can't recall any that were negative.
As for my experience with this particular bike, like I said above, it's been awesome. The bike is very comfortable. It has plenty of power but it's also very controllable power.
Is it a good starter bike? As with all bikes, it really depends on the rider and how well they respect the machine. For me, I have absolutely no regrets or complaints. I'm 6'1 and around 200.

Here are the specs for the '02 model. I'm sure the newer models have changed in one way or the other.
http://www.koups.com/sales/kawasaki/specs/2002/ZX600e10.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts