Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on doing a little camping later this summer. Just me and "mama".

Has anyone installed a hitch and pulled a trailer with their Vulcan 1600?

It is either that or a trunk. I don't think I can get everything I need in my 12 inch saddle bags.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

haven't seen a trailer on a 1600 yet ,but i've seen a few on nomads

get yourself a expandable T-BAG to slip over your sissy bar - they are great and out of the way- lots of storage and you can add and subtract forn the basic bag

http://www.t-bags.com/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, Pop, you might try these people for a hitch. They seem to be one of the few sources for ready-made hitches. I have a hitch on my Nomad and many people pull trailers with them. I don't know how the hitch would attach on a 1600, but the Nomad has exhaust on each side plus structure for the hard bags, so the hitch is simple and small, mounting to the same place the pipes attach to the rear bag structure. That's all I know about hitches and Kaws.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Yes i do, I got a vulcan 1500 and the hitch i've got attach to the rear peg's, and to the top of my saddle bag.I pull a trailer i did with a48 by 48 inch that i modified to a 34 by 41 inch and put a plastic box they put on top of car a 18 c/f. Ride great and i dont feel it at all.

Regards Rider :D

P

·
0 Posts
is there a big difference in a 2 wheel trailer and a 1 wheel trailer,i saw a 1 wheel trailer looks very cool ,is there a diff in the weight carrying capacity??
tks

·
Registered
31 Posts
You probably talking about the Cyclope model. If so,i know there not to big,you cannot put all you want in it.If you want to go camping,i'm sure you can't put a tent in it with everythings it take.I'm gone a sned you the photo by a private message.

Regards Rider

·
Registered
137 Posts
The one wheel trailers I've seen place more of the load on the hitch, as the wheel is in the rear. On a two wheeler you can pull a bigger load cause you can control the tongue weight.
Since my last writing, I have the Hitchdoc hitch installed on my Nomad, put in a relay bank and wired in a recepticle. We've had the trailer out a couple of times and are heading for Canada in two weeks. Will be taking the trailer and camping gear. The trailer is an original Dart, from JD's Motorcycle stuff. Good, solid trailer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not near Montreal, unfortunately. We're in Wisconsin and we're going to spend a week poking around the North shore of Lake Superior. Lived here all my life and have never been aroung the Lake!! Go figure.....

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Yes

Yes, I find it pulls very well except over the mountain passes when my Tacoma downshifts one gear. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's some pics. Made this trailer myself using a car top carrier. Very economical. Also made the hidden hitch for my VN900. I sell the hitches too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts