Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New guy here. I ride a lot in east county San Diego and was wondering if there was anyone else here in the area. I'm up for a ride anytime, day or night. I'm willing to ride up to LA too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been here for just over a year now. I've slowly been exploring east county. Where are your favorite rides?

·
Registered
439 Posts
**** I miss San Diego!!!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm a Palomar Mountain junkie, but it's more of a Sportbike oriented road. We have been hitting up Borrego Springs right now because it isn't too hot out there yet.

Take the 15N to Scripps Poway Parkway exit. Take a right on Scripps (east). Follow Scripps through Poway until you get out of the urban area. Scripps will dead end at the (67?). Take a left. This will take you through Ramona and towards Julian. The 67(?) turns into 78 at Ramona. Continue on the 78 through Santa Isabel (I usually stop at the gas station there to chat with fellow riders) and head towards Julian. Julian is a cool place, although it is plenty touristy. Make sure you stop and have a piece of apple pie, also a good place to sit and chat with more motorcyclists. From Julian you can head plenty of places. You can head over Mount Laguna (great senic overlooks), down Banner Grade (one of my favorite roads), towards Borrego and the high desert, or down 79 towards the 8 freeway. It all depends on how long of a ride you want to take. My personal advice is to get a decent San Diego County area map and just ride all the roads you can. I like to highlight all the roads I have ridden. The roads in San Diego County seen endless, you definitly picked a great place to live and ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sup man i ride i am here in san ysidro and will ride when ever there is time halla and let me know when the ride will take place. also check out my post you may be interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts