Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic Lt in May this year. Love the bike! It performs better as I add the miles. Right now I have 1200 miles. I wish I had time this year to put on more miles, but I just started a new job and did not have the vacation time to take a long trip. I took it on a couple of 250 mile trips and the bike performed well. I get a lot of looks and great comments on the bike. Right now I am averaging about 34-36 mpg. Hopefully that will improve as the bike gets more broken in. I had a problem shifting to 2nd gear, a loud clunking sound. But I found that if I use the back shift going into 2nd at around 11 mph the bike makes a nice smooth shift. The seat so far has been very comfortable. My wife likes to ride and has not complained about the passenger seat. The only complaint so far is that I have not been able to locate any after market parts to customize the bike yet. I am hoping that will change soon. I will add a picture soon.
I am interested to hear about other riders thoughts on the 1700 Vulcan Classic Lt. By the way I am brand new to this site. I had a 2007 Kawasaki 900 Custom and loved it. But I sold it to get the 1700 so I could be more comfortable on long trips and have more power. I am 6' and 245lbs and the 1700 does the trick.
Hope to hear about other 1700's soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying the 1700 classic. I just put a post on here. I had a 2009 2000 Classic Lt and enjoyed it a lot. I have a posting on here for a set of Ultimate Seats that I had on my bike. If you like the stock seats you would love the Ultimate Seats. Words cannot describe how well these seats are. You would throw the factory seats away after riding on the ultimate seats. They are so comfortable, my wife absolutely loved them. I have just ordered another set for our new bike. You are like me, I am 6'4 and 250 lbs. You would love the Ultimate Seats!!! I wish the set I had would fit your bike. You would love them...

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome to the forums both of you! Glad to have you join us!

I've not had an LT but I did have an 05 1600 Classic I just traded in on a 011 Nomad. Loved my 1600 & am really liking the Nomad so far. Not out of the break-in period yet so I haven't opened it up but it feels like it's gonna be a great road bike.

You guys got any pics of your scoots?!

Ride safe!
8)

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
As for as the clunky shifting try this on your next ride. This is what I did when I had my 1500 and the result was shifting into 2 from 1 smooth as glass.

Preload the shifter with slight pressure before you pull in the clutch. Practice this and you will find the shift to 2nd slick as melted butter at any speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.