Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yall, i was just surfin around on my dodge truck site and saw someone posted this site so i joined up. i just bought a 2005 brute force 750 and was wondering if anyone else has one?

very nice site that you guys have here!

·
Registered
34 Posts
BRUTAL FORCE

yeah I just bought one too. there great if you want to sunday drive with them but if you want to off road forget it, when i took mine off road it blew a cylinder.

my advice is if you want to off road buy a Diesel MUle 4x4 there the best...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't agree. The Brute is an awesome off-road machine. Why buy such a capable quad to trail ride only? If I were going to get a trail only quad I would buy a Honduh Rincon, which is all it is good for.
I was able to go places with the crappy stockers that others would get stuck with mud tires. That was before the 27" MudZilla's.
You must have hit some bad water if you dropped a cylinder. I solved that problem too, I made a snorkle for it.
I love my Brute, and only have but a few small complaints.......

1) lack of c-v boot protection in stock form
2) lack of storage compartments
3) bad design on intake/ splash protection

The likes strongly out-weigh the dis-likes :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Diesel Mule for Off-Road??? What the heck are you'zz guy'zz smokin' in Canadia eh'?? I would smoke your mule on any trail, any jump anywhere, anytime. There is no way even Dale Jr. could keep up with even my 360 off-road at any speed. Your nuts. As for blowing a cylinder because you took it off road. I ain't buyin' it, and I doubt many of the members are. Try again with another dis, mule boy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These are great bikes if you like power. Mine of coarse is running like **** and has spent several weeks at the local Kawi dealer getting the carb. needle update done for the second time. Other then that and breaking tie rod ends I love it!!! Seat is a little harder then the Polaris that I ride from time to time. When I ride with my club we put on average 100+ miles a day with the record of 164.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Brute has had alot of time and parts put to it, and it is beaten absolutely without mercy on a regular basis. Woods riding is a chore due to the weight, but in a straight line, it will obliterate a 660 raptor on the strip. I love the looks that I get when I school sportquads with a fully loaded suv. We just got alot of snow, and my bike ran, and worked continuously for the past three days without a hiccup. The only problem that I had was with the plow. I beat the plow off of it three times by pushing too much snow. here is a shortlist of the abuse my bike has taken.

Rolled end over end a half dozen times after a botched hillclimb, raining junk out of the boxes the whole way. It landed in the creekbed still running.Then drove out of the woods with only a broken airbox lid and bent bars.

Our lift truck got stuck in fresh gravel outside of the shop. we hooked a chain to it that was long enough to keep my bike on concrete. It took four good size folks to give me enough ballest to keep traction. I put 'er in low and it pulled the lift right in. It worked for it mind you, but the lift weighs 7200 pounds.

I have had so much wood on my trailer that it rolled 1800 pound rated tires off of the beads. It pulled it down a gravel road without a problem.
I have also had the bike itself loaded with so much wood that the suspension was bottomed. Many times, and it always chuggs back to the trailer, willing to get the next load.

It has drug brush and logs that far out weight the machine.

When I plow snow I carry a spreader that holds 200 pounds, and enough salt to refill it twice.

The only problem that I have with the bike is the design of the floorboard plastic. The part that extends into the front fender always gets snagged on thing in the tight spots. Other than that I have got my money and enjoyment out oif it many times over. I have never had to worry about my bike living up to its end of the bargain.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a Brute Force 750 that I bought in Nov. 2004. Until two weeks ago it was flawless at 312 hours and 1300 miles. However, while riding it the front cylinder died. An exhuast valve broke which caused the other one to go and ruin the piston and jug. I took it apart and Kaw is fixing it under warranty even though its out. Problem is they used a two piece valve and I understand this is a problem. The valve part number has changed so they changed the valve. Therefore I'm doing the rear cylinder while I have it apart. I hear that the company that made these valves made them for other company like Yamaha, etc. So there was a problem. However it seems as Kawasaki, being the good company it is, is and has taken care of the problem. Mine is used on a farm, ranch and the only thing I've done is put the jet kit in so it starts when it's 10 below zero as the EPA made them make it too lean. I called other Kaw dealers and they claim they hadn't had a problem like mine.

·
Registered
344 Posts
BRUTE FORCE ALIVE AND WELL AFTER FRONT CYL. REPAIR AND 8 NEW VALVES! THE NEW VALVES ARE THE NEW PART NUMBER AND DON'T APPEAR TO BE THE TWO PIECE TYPE. SHE (HE?) FIRED RIGHT OFF AND SOUNDS GOOD, NO LEAKS, ETC. IT PAYS TO TAKE YOUR TIME PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nOW FOR BREAKING IN THE FRONT CYLINDER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive got a customer with a 2006 750 and the thing looks like its been dropped off a truck...a few times, its racked up over 600 hours of beatings and all we ever had to do to it was replace a shorted ecm (his fault, see the pressure washer warning) and do normal service and inspections.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Brute Force apparently is fine with 50 miles on the engine fix. I'd say the only thing about it, is that it's a gas hog. I just got done cutting firewood, hauling a trailer and some idling. MPG is 4 to 6 miles per gallon!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Something ain't right.
I get between 65-90 miles to a tank. Riding style great dependant.
I'll go 35 miles even before the first bar goes down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the 1st run of the '05BF750, was so pleased with it that I replaced it with the updated '07BF750. The improved handling, lighter frt end & a little bit more power (the '07BF is using a different CDI vs the 05/06's), I am 100% pleased again. I didn't want to wait for the BF750EFI model, as I am not too keen in buying the 1st year model of the EFI.
That being said, I have a buyer right now for my '007BF, as he wants to buy it as I have it set-up with the WORKS Shocks/tire & wheel package & the other goodies & at a decent price as well. But, I told him if he could wait till late Spring '08 I would know if I would get the '08BF or wait for the '009 model, he said no problem.
Also, my Dealer said Kawasaki isn't finished yet in releasing the New models for '008-does that mean their is a '08 BF900EFI out there?

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I just bought an 07' 650i BF and so far so good. Of course I've only ridden it on local country gravel roads so far but it definately is a nice machine!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
2Wheelfun
The 650i is what made the Brute Force a great pick when it was bought out, as the BF750i in '05/'06 were lacking allot in the handling department. I read somewhere that the latter half of '06 the BF750 handling was fixed but I'm not sure if that is true.
On the '007BF750i the 750i is set-up the same as the 650i and after owning the '05BF750i for 2 yrs there is a big improvement with the '007.
I still felt the shocks are too firm for a IRS 4wheeler even on the '07's & since I still had my '05BF750i, I switched out the WORKS Shocks, skid plate pkg, ITP Wheels/tires and a few other items over to the '007.
With the improved handling of the '007BF750i, lighter frt end feel which makes turning the handlebars easier & more so on the tight trails, this WORKS Suspended '07 BF750i is a dream to ride as hard & fast as you are willing to push it. The WORKS Shocks are fully adjustable and not only improve the shocking/damping/rebound but also smooth out the ride but these Aftermarket Shocks aren't cheap to purchase.
With a better set of meat for Tires & the wider stance the aftermarket wheels provide that tippy feeling is gone.
For now I'll hold off on a replacement EFI Model but I do plan on upgrading the EFI mainly b/c of the elevations of my riding range from anywhere between 3500ft to 14,000ft elevation. Presently my BF750 is rejetted one step b/c I ride at the 8000Ft-10,000ft range here in NM, then our trips to the Colorado Rockies every Summer get us up to 13000+ft in elevation.
I've tried many different tires lately btw the 2 Brutes and so far the Bighorn Radials are proven to me to be the Tire I need.

Attachments

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
2Wheelfun
The 650i is what made the Brute Force a great pick when it was bought out, as the BF750i in '05/'06 were lacking allot in the handling department. I read somewhere that the latter half of '06 the BF750 handling was fixed but I'm not sure if that is true.
On the '007BF750i the 750i is set-up the same as the 650i and after owning the '05BF750i for 2 yrs there is a big improvement with the '007.
I still felt the shocks are too firm for a IRS 4wheeler even on the '07's & since I still had my '05BF750i, I switched out the WORKS Shocks, skid plate pkg, ITP Wheels/tires and a few other items over to the '007.
With the improved handling of the '007BF750i, lighter frt end feel which makes turning the handlebars easier & more so on the tight trails, this WORKS Suspended '07 BF750i is a dream to ride as hard & fast as you are willing to push it. The WORKS Shocks are fully adjustable and not only improve the shocking/damping/rebound but also smooth out the ride but these Aftermarket Shocks aren't cheap to purchase.
With a better set of meat for Tires & the wider stance the aftermarket wheels provide that tippy feeling is gone.
For now I'll hold off on a replacement EFI Model but I do plan on upgrading the EFI mainly b/c of the elevations of my riding range from anywhere between 3500ft to 14,000ft elevation. Presently my BF750 is rejetted one step b/c I ride at the 8000Ft-10,000ft range here in NM, then our trips to the Colorado Rockies every Summer get us up to 13000+ft in elevation.
I've tried many different tires lately btw the 2 Brutes and so far the Bighorn Radials are proven to me to be the Tire I need.
I'd say you've done some serious modding to you awesome machines! :)

A question I have is...if you add a Dynatec CDI module to a fully stock bike (mine) do you need to re-jet the carbs?

I'm not going to build a racing machine here and will be using my 4x4 for plowing snow...hunting...and camping but am wondering what the benefit (if any) would be by adding a Dynatec CDI to it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Dyna CDI box will give you a big boost in overall power from the start to end.
The Dyna will overide the reverse limiter, meaning you will have full power in reverse any time you back-up.
The Dyna will also overide the Belt light @100 hrs.
No need to rejet.
Should run a little cooler temp.
Hang on to the handlebars if you nail the thumb lever at a dead stop & keep your weight forward.
Your MPG may drop a bit if you can't keep your thumb out-of-it..
For the Cost of the Dyna, it is the cheapest $$$ thrill you can invest in.
I had one on my '05BF750 but I just couldn't keep my rev's down & that extra power was a bit too much for my already too fast of riding style. Since I am not a Kid anymore (54), I decided I best un-installed it & I sold it to some 20 year old..8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update:
After using the Bighorn Radials I have found they are terrible for fast speed trail riding.:cry:
Two things hurt these Bighorn's:
1-weight, it is a very heavy tire
2-lack of sidewall grip
These Bighorns will slide out on sharp fast turns, the frt tires just will not give that feel of control, the ITP Terra-Crosses were 100 times better for the faster speeds.
I see ITP has now upgraded & improved the Terra-Crosses for 08.:smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts