Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a kind of bag I can just toss over my shoulder and ride with. I'm not a fan of back backs when I ride. I just don't want something that looks like a purse. haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking for a kind of bag I can just toss over my shoulder and ride with. I'm not a fan of back backs when I ride. I just don't want something that looks like a purse. haha
Domke bags. Courier or messenger bags are about what you are looking for. Their camera bags are legendary.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I use my Burton snowboarding backpack alot. Mainly because it has waist and chest straps that keep it from moving while i ride. i also use my laptop bag sometimes on short trips. All depends what I am hauling and what my riding will be like. The burton holds anything i need and doesnt move side to side in the twisties. This past summer I used my cargo net on the back seat alot it held anything I needed and didnt have to worry bout the weight of a laptop, shoes work clothes and my lunch pulling on my back.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use a Buell messenger bag, I've used it everyday to commute to work, I carry a laptop and all the things that go with it, including my lunch. It's the best shoulder bag I've ever seen. I got it at a Buell demo day about 4 years ago, the sign said "ride the bike, get the bag", I'll tell you, if the bikes were half as good as the bag they should have sold like hot cakes.
Mrfix

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
I use a single shoulder back pack that I got as swag from a technical conference I attended a few years back. (The bag itself is triangular, with the strap attached to the top point, and one of the bottom corners.) It can also be bungeed to the seat if I don't want to wear it.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i'd just be careful of a shoulder bag moving while you ride.
they tend to slide around your body if you're doing a lot of cornering, which is why backpacks are more popular as they stay in their place.

if you really want a top notch backpack look at Kriega they do possibly the best soft motorbike luggage.

I've got the US-20 and US-10 tailpacks for my RR, they strap down easilly, unclip quickly and are 100% waterproof.
The US-20 also has a shoulderstrap so you can wear it as a messenger bag once you get off your bike.

But they do have a backpack which is supposed to be the most comfortable and best performing motorbike backpack on the market.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
For $129 I'd better have an orgasm every time I throw it over my shoulder.
Well, they're made to take a beating. And trust me they hold up. Have one of their bags that's gone through a couple deployments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts