Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see what it will take to install the Scootworks lowering kit for the rear of an 800. The Cobra kit says you need a tool to compress the spring but the Scootworks kit doesn't say anything about a spring compress tool.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Tweek's Vulcan Cruiser

Gadget's Fixit Page For Kawasaki Nomad & Classic Modification Maintenance & Repair

The first page has some excellent info on 800's. The page I've directed you to will go into detail on how to lower it and how to use regular hose clamps to do it. I used this site alot when I had my 800 and it was invaluable.
The second page is more dedicated to 1500's but has some usefull info as well.
Hope that helps you out!
Hmm the site has changed a bit. Follow the top link and go to the bottom of the page. ( stuff about LoRidres Bike ) Look for ( Lowering the rear ) In that area. That will take you directly to it.

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
you might hear from scootworks late next week. when i ordered the front wheel kit it took 3 weeks for them to get back to me. I emailed them and called them. I have also heard of guys on the board who had good luck with them but i didnt.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
just wing it. haha. once you get your rear wheel off and the shock assembly exposed, it shouldnt be too much of a problem. pretty straight forward. if wrenchin aint a problem for ya, you should be okay. i think.

·
Pump Hopper
2,509 Posts
for lowering kit instructions go to scootworks.com, click on info center, click on lower kit,
SCOOTWORKS - Information Resource Center
I installed mine 2yrs ago. if you have a frame mounted fender, you are going to need to mod the shock with s.w. shock kit-spacers to prevent fender scrub and eating up your wiring, which requires the spring compressor. I did when I installed mine had the stock fender sit up. but with the bobber swing arm mounted fender the tire will not scrub the fender. installing the lowering kit was easy but the shock gave me some frustration.hopes this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.