Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Anyone in an MC or MCC ?

18K views 143 replies 45 participants last post by  badfinger 
#1 ·
Just curious to know.
I'm personally in an MC.

Or maybe there are some of you who just cruise with the girlfriends and/or wives/partners.

#14 ·
RC= most anyone can join and back patches are bought, no territory is claimed.

MC=very close small group of brothers, membership is voted on by the MC after a prospect peroid of time and patches are earned. Territory may be claimed.

Spot on !
And lets not forget the MTC, this is a bunch of friends that just get together to make small rides now and again, here maybe a patch, but no territory.

#21 ·
I'd like to join a M/C but I'm too old to go thru all the prospect hoopla. So I'm a member of the Alamo City Riders and the Hill Country Riders, both open to just about anyone and we ride almost every saturday with bike night meetings other nights. But still, I ride alone 90% of the time.

#22 ·
I don't meet the 'dirtbag-biker' and/or poser requirement for most MC's. I am also a friendly law abiding citizen, so I'd never be a member of a motorcycle 'gang'.

I just ride alone or with friends. I'm in a 'motoring' club which includes cars and bikes.

#24 ·
Am a member of:
Clan MacGregor M/C (slickbacks) "retired" due to
moving from CA to ID.
VROC Vulcan Owners & Riders Club.
Southern Cruisers R/C haven't participated in any
rides/meetings as that chapter is too far away.
Idaho Road Runners R/C which is a meetup group
with annual due of $10.

Actually, would be more interested in a 333 type of club
which is a compromise btw a one-percenters and family
riding clubs. Half bad, so to speak, but no 'tudes. The
Boozefighters M/C comes to mind.

In addition to MC, MM, and RC, we also have CC which
denotes Chopper Club or Cruiser Club.

#25 ·
hahaha I probably "look" like I meet the dirtbag requirements for a M/C (big 'stach' and visible tatts) to some non-M/C types, but I doubt many actually affiliated guys would worry about me. Plus, of course, I don't ride a Harley.
Some one-percenter clubs accept metric cruiser riders as hangarounds
and prospects. There's a good possibility that the Triumph 1600 Tbird
might be accepted given that many one-percenter clubs used to ride
limeys especially out on the east coast.

#26 ·
I don't meet the 'dirtbag-biker' and/or poser requirement for most MC's. I am also a friendly law abiding citizen, so I'd never be a member of a motorcycle 'gang'.

I just ride alone or with friends. I'm in a 'motoring' club which includes cars and bikes.
Come on, is that really necessary? The vast majority of MC's are law abiding citizens. It's the 1% that cause problems. Plus, is it really necessary to name call because they don't fit the mold that you feel a motorcycle rider should? I'm in an MC and I'm neither a "dirtbag-biker", a "poser" nor a law breaker. This is the kind of ignorant (as in uninformed) mentality that helps to give clubs a bad name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.