Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone mess with thier 500R Forks?

Are the progressive springs worth the investment? What would you do to improve the front end?

CB

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Progressive springs and new fork oil should do the trick. You'll ask yourself why you never did it before. The other way to go is have a set of fork springs custom made for you to your specific weight. Are you considering to upgrade your shock as well?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1Adam12 said:
Progressive springs and new fork oil should do the trick. You'll ask yourself why you never did it before. The other way to go is have a set of fork springs custom made for you to your specific weight. Are you considering to upgrade your shock as well?
Shocks are SO expensive. I fear I will never bring myself to buy a new one.

CB

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It is definitely not cheap for a new shock, but there are other souloutions then spending 350 + $$. The Ninja 250 for example will take a Ninja 600's shock from specific models and will cost way less. although not world class in the shock world it is way better then the OEM stick they give you.

I agree with Qk on the race tech and emulators piece. Having a better suspension will help you build confidence and be a more stable platform.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts