Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I posted this I looked through what seemed every post in the Mule forum hopeful that someone might have done this.

I have been wanting to convert the manual dump bed on my 2510 Mule to an electric lift. I found the following at northern tools site Northern Industrial Linear Actuator — 12 Volt, 11 13/16in. stroke | Lawn + Garden Utility Trailers | Northern Tool + Equipment

Seems like the perfect thing to lift that dump bed when it loaded. So I ordered two(2). When they arrived the manual is only two pages of technical jargon with a three diagrams. One diagram shows the wiring. The other two diagrams are measurement specs of the actuator with nothing explaining the mounting requirements.

I am curious !!! Has anyone actually hooked these up to their Mule??

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You may want to look at the Cycle Country bed lift kit for an idea how to mount the unit. You are missing the upper and lower brackets needed to cradle the assembly in the frame and support the bed.

I suspect that by the time you fool with trying to make it work you would save money and be far better off to purchase the after market kit from Beartooth that keeps the bed from twisting and breaking the pivots.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info! I went to their site and checked around. They had the entire bed lift kit with actuator for $720. Or, in their scratch & dent section just the mounting kit for $320 minus the actuator. So I ordered the $320 mounting kit which they said will work with the actuator I already have.

Added: Cycle Country Parts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
When you get the mount, take a hard look at the plate that bolts to the bed itself, and how it mounts to the side. That is the culprit for more bed twists than you can shake a stick at!

I plate tons of the OEM style beds under than upper plate to distribute the stress fully across the entire bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts