Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have my front wheel checked on Wednesday for wear and noise at speed,31K miles. Vibration at low speed turns into a whine at the speeds I usually travel at, especially between 45-60mph and dissappears above 65. I'm thinking worn wheel bearings but I would think they would of lasted longer unless they were defective from the factory.

·
VN900
208 Posts
Bearings don't last forever and unless they have been repacked on a regular interval then I would definitely replace them, especially if they are vibrating the front end. The wear can be attributed to weather riding, road conditions and riding style. BTW, since you have bearing issues, let me ask you if you have ever replaced the fork oil or brake pads. If you haven't then this would be a good time to do that too!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No cupping and factory 32psi front. I'll get the whole front checked on Wednesday. Brake pads are good and I may go ahead and get the fork oil changed out.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
front bearings checked out, opinion of the service manager is an unusual problem with the tire, did find the start of cupping on rear tire but that shouldn't produce this tire whine. Service manager test road the bike and agree's, the whine really "S**ks" New tire on the way. I'll let you know how it affects the situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts