Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put all my gear on and went outside this mourning to start the bike and go back inside for a minute while it warmed up. i turned it on and then i went to unlock my handle bars and it was frozen. i could get the key into the lock but i couldn't turn it. ****ed me off, i had to get undressed and get in my cage. i really need to get a building for my bike. i just moved and i don't have a building yet. i had a garage before.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will be riding tomorrow, when i goto my part time job at autozone tonight i am going to buy one of those heat sprays that you stick into locks to thaw them out. i hate driving my POS car. i would much rather be cold then deal with it.

Dave what part of concord are you in? i goto concord mills sometimes and the speedway.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Out here I would need an ice-pick to even find the bike ... you guys are lucky you can still ride at all.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we dont get snow around here. if we are lucky we will get a couple of inches the whole season. we will get more ice then anything. it is suppose to warm back up towards the 60's i heard.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
It was 21F at my house this morning and I elected to cage it. Regretting it now as it is a beautiful afternoon. I even installed heated grips over the weekend and still wimped out. Won't happen again. 20F or above and dry and I will be riding!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I rode in but it was a balmy 40 or so. Ouch on the frozen lock. Remember you have to move the front wheel sometimes to unlock it. If its fully to one side it won't unlock.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
i will be riding tomorrow, when i goto my part time job at autozone tonight i am going to buy one of those heat sprays that you stick into locks to thaw them out. i hate driving my POS car. i would much rather be cold then deal with it.

Dave what part of concord are you in? i goto concord mills sometimes and the speedway.
I'm not far from there. I live off of Pitts School Rd. near 29.

I try to avoid the mall and speedway blvd area as much as possible. Especially around this time of year! :)

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
My wife and I both rode this morning. It was 39 when we left home at 7:15. We ride nearly every day, 26 miles each way for me, 8 each way for her. Gear is everything. If you have the right stuff it really isn't an issue assuming the road is passable. We will be up in N. AZ next weekend with temps in the mid-teens.... no problem.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i try to avoid the traffic also dave it is horrible right now. luckily i haven't had to go up there this year.

bagya i tired moving the wheel but still no luck. that was the first thing to make sure it wasn't frozen up. i will fix it tomorrow mourning.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
I was going to ride today but something stopped me. 10 degrees and this

I hear a rumor spring will come next year.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I rode in this morning- it was 30 here. No real problems with the cold, just having to watch out for the occasional idjut that left their sprinklers on this morning early. There were some icy spots but I have them memorized by now........

·
Registered
71 Posts
I highly doubt you'll want to hear this, given the temps up north, but I opted out of riding today because it was 47 degrees this morning... Saturday it was in the 80's... a 33 degree drop feels mighty chilly, lemme tell you...

That being said, I expect no sympathy :)

Jim

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
I put all my gear on and went outside this mourning to start the bike and go back inside for a minute while it warmed up. i turned it on and then i went to unlock my handle bars and it was frozen. i could get the key into the lock but i couldn't turn it. ****ed me off, i had to get undressed and get in my cage. i really need to get a building for my bike. i just moved and i don't have a building yet. i had a garage before.
Geezzzz, ya coulda went in circles ya know :eek:
excuses..excuses..excuses ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I highly doubt you'll want to hear this, given the temps up north, but I opted out of riding today because it was 47 degrees this morning... Saturday it was in the 80's... a 33 degree drop feels mighty chilly, lemme tell you...

That being said, I expect no sympathy :)

Jim
"God I Love Florida!"

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
I road the Nad to work this morning -the littl Ninja just don't have enough wind protection when these temps drop below 30 like this morning.

Pretty thick frost on the grass and I have to ride about 20 yards across it to get on the highway -got pretty squirrely :eek:

Other than that pretty normal day, put all the leather on and watch out for frosty lane stripes ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm one of the lucky year round riders. It's been any where from 30-40 on my 70 mile commute. I wear Body sensor bottoms (very thin ski type long underwear) 20.00 at Big 5 and I highly recommend them.

An Eddie Bauer under jacket ,a 30 year old leather jacket, Alpine riding boots, Tour Master Winter Elite gloves (also recommended) a bakalava to keep my mug warm and a Shoei RF-1000 helmet. I have to say I arrive comfortable at work and figuring ambient temp at 35 and wind chill at 70, your talking -19 degrees.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Geared up here and rode this morning....was 24 with a slight wind and 42 when I headed home about 7:30 this evening. Heated grips, handlebar chaps and other gear make it a pretty good ride even in the wind.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts